Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radiator Intake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Just finished this radiator opening on a subaru car. Bought the fancy punched diamond metal. This is NOT expanded metal. It's slightly larger openings than the engine lid grill, and is otherwise a beautiful match. Formed the piece on a stock body 914 to get the shape. Then welded each little leg to the body.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Once it's painted it will look Original yet Custom. sunglasses.gif
RJMII
drooley.gif

That looks great, Mark!
SirAndy
QUOTE(RJMII @ Sep 28 2010, 12:57 PM) *

drooley.gif

That looks great, Mark!

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Hontec
That looks really great!
IronHillRestorations
Nice work Mark, very slick job.
realred914
good, nice big air flow area. what is the plan for the nose, a 916 fiberglass one?

what is plan for the air exit holes? floor of trunk? wheel weel?

tradand me is thinking of a radioator conversion now to what sized subaru motor you runing here?
Root_Werks
Now that's some good fab work!

smash.gif

welder.gif
tradisrad
Nice work.
i am thinking of making a buick v6 (not going to cut the green car) and have been trying to visulaize radiator ideas. I'd love to see how you are going to finish it off. How about the exit?

strawman
Niiiiiiice! I picked up some perforated steel from a local vendor, but it has 0.3" round holes. I originally planned to make mine two grills detachable, but I like what you've done with yours. Is this for a customer or for own self???
McMark
For a customer. I'm just doing the metal work. He's assembling the car.
I'm not sure what the bumper plan is, but it involves a stock bumper.
Air exits were already on the car (previous V8, IIRC) and they exit out the wheel wells.

Here is the thread for the build up of the car, done by Fiid, on the previous chassis.
TonyAKAVW
Nicely done!
rick 918-S
That's alot of welding and grinding. Nice stamping. Nice work Mark. thumb3d.gif
Elliot Cannon
Awright! Now quit dickin' around and get to work on the limo. welder.gif biggrin.gif
plymouth37
Nice work there! I was just drooling over some honeycomb stamped aluminum I found at the hardware store the other day, dreaming of things just like this!
I love how you shaped it to the stock specs, very trick!
Rand
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Sep 28 2010, 04:24 PM) *

Nicely done!

So this is what it takes to drag you out of the woodworks? Don't make me ask you about your car. tongue.gif
Nice to see you around here again Tony.
Rand
Nice work McMarkus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.