Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV Joint re-build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
Anyone know of a source for the inner bearing race of the CV Joint? I have three out of four that are pitted.

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
pmb sells the whole cv assy for $89

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...868/3857681.htm

but maybe he has a source - maybe the internal part you need is the same as the internal part in his??
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 29 2010, 02:04 PM) *

pmb sells the whole cv assy for $89

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...868/3857681.htm

but maybe he has a source - maybe the internal part you need is the same as the internal part in his??

Why would you want to take a part out of a new CV joint to repair an old one? Eric has complete new joints, not parts, and it's not cost effective for the manufacturers to sell bits and pieces. For one thing, the assemblies are old and everything is out of tolerance, making the fit of the new parts problematic.

That said, I could probably come up with some used ones that could still be used if you were really a CSOB. I forgot, all of us here are CSOBs!

The Cap'n
davep
agree.gif with The Cap'n

You don't repair something like that, you toss it. Either find a good used CV or get a new one.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(davep @ Sep 29 2010, 03:36 PM) *

agree.gif with The Cap'n

You don't repair something like that, you toss it. Either find a good used CV or get a new one.

Well, it appears type one CV joints will work. I just need to increase the size of two of the holes to accommodate the alignment roll pins. New CV joints are about $63.00 each from World Pac. Has anyone done this?
I agree it makes no sense to buy new CV kits and only use bits and pieces.

TIA
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Sep 30 2010, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(davep @ Sep 29 2010, 03:36 PM) *

agree.gif with The Cap'n

Well, it appears type one CV joints will work. I just need to increase the size of two of the holes to accommodate the alignment roll pins. New CV joints are about $63.00 each from World Pac. Has anyone done this?
I agree it makes no sense to buy new CV kits and only use bits and pieces.

TIA

PMB performance sell 'em already drilled, nice and straight, and on center.

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
If you get them from WorldPac get GKN/Loebro. Meyle will extend too far and you could have problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.