Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Well I've developed a sitiuation very similar to the recent "Parasitic battery drain" thread, including the bum meter. I've got a .2A draw and it's on one of the small red harnessed wires at the + batt post. Do they run thusly; 1 to 14 pin connector, 1 to 12 pin connector, 1 to the starter switch and 1 to the fuse panel under the dash???? I'm pretty sure it's the starter or starter switch because I still have a drain with all fuses pulled from fuse panel and the 2 fuses in the relay box. Also with all 4 relays and all plugs disconnected from the relay box. Input, suggestions. BTW, my batt grnd is shiney clean. I stromberg.gif you not.
pcar916
Big clock? This just happened to a friend on his truck and it turned out to be the alternator after a rebuild. Something was "wonky" inside. I had never seen that before.

Even if I have a slow current drain now I wouldn't know it 'cause the battery cut-off switch is turned off every time I get out of the car. I don't have a clock so it's not a problem.

I would clean all of the other grounding points though, like the transaxle strap and the one on the firewall behind the driver. I wasn't having any problems with the car.

But grounding gremlins annoy me enough that I ran a 10-gauge cable from the negative battery-terminal in the front trunk through the cockpit and into the rear of the car and tied together all of the grounding points to that... I even added one or two as I recall.

Good Luck!
76-914
icon_bump.gif I think I may have found it. First I isolated the 4 lg red wires which were bundeled. I was getting a .2a draw when these were connected to the + post. There was no draw on the starter side. Did I mention this began the day it got to 106 here? That was 3 days before it got to 113 in LA. You do the math. So this morning I hook everything back up except I used a terminal block to reconnect the previously bundeled wires Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentand SOB; the draw is gone. WTF.gif Now why in the Hell would that thing up and dissapear like a fart in the wind? Oh well! I crank the motor over and nothing. Then I remember I hadn't heard the FP run. Switch on; nutin. WTF.gif hissyfit.gif ar15.gif After I regained my composure, I opened my copy of the FP flow chart and I traced it down to a faulty relay board. stromberg.gif I hope that's it and not 4 other things.
silver74insocal
cheer.gif go Kent go!! glad to see you are still chasing down gremlins i hope to get back on track with mine soon. hopefully we'll be meeting up again at the g & r swap meet again. beerchug.gif good luck and keep up the good fight. Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.