Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to remove
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigvag
Ok how do you remove the bar that connects the front suspension. Its the one that runs in side the front truck underneith the gas tank. Maybe the torsion bar.
poorsche914
QUOTE(bigvag @ Oct 9 2010, 06:52 PM) *

Ok how do you remove the bar that connects the front suspension. Its the one that runs in side the front truck underneith the gas tank. Maybe the torsion bar.

I believe you are talking about the anti-sway bar. Never removed one so can't help you there. unsure.gif
Mike Bellis
It's the sway bar and it slides out. Remove your wheel and anything in front of it. un blot the links and slide it out.
bigvag
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 9 2010, 03:01 PM) *

It's the sway bar and it slides out. Remove your wheel and anything in front of it. un blot the links and slide it out.

I've got that far but the rubber gromet wont slip over the square end of the sway bar.
Cap'n Krusty
Two ways. Remove the grommet and its cover, or use dish soap on the bar and yank it out.

The Cap'n
bigvag
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 9 2010, 03:27 PM) *

Two ways. Remove the grommet and its cover, or use dish soap on the bar and yank it out.

The Cap'n

i'll one up it and use k.y jelly. piratenanner.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Well, use what you have the most of, and use to using !!!!!!!

Dave slap.gif
bigvag
I got it. They are a split bushing, you just need to use something (screw driver) to push the bushing out the back. but the dish soap did help by lubing the bushing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.