Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: While yer in there part II
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
So I go out to start cleaning and things look a little flakey down around the head light covers, and DOH! Rusty everyhwere! It is across the front and up the sides fighting19.gif also, I see something I never really gave much thought to, some really shonky PO body repairs! Grrr See the red outlined area of the pix! It looks like he tried to straighten out the front and just cut out some metal...
SO now that I am in even deeper, it is looking like I might have to do some painting at the very least! Dont be suprised if I just spray this car the same colors as the 917s in Le Mans Gulf oil. Yeah, it will be my own protest of the war! OR I could just paint it 99a like Als. It wont look that good, but it is what the factory had on it

Or is this one just junk now? It also has a little rusty in the trunky... I am feeling a little bummed right about now... blink.gif
Brad Roberts
I question everything.

When somebody shows me a resprayed car in a different color.. with BLACK trunks and/or trunk paint barf.gif I know damn well it has been hit in the front or rear. I stopped counting how many times people would use the insurance money from a wreck to change the color but not repair the damage properly (as long as it looks good on the outside.) I would like to firmly plant my foot up every body shop owners ass who did this for people in the past. It left us with crap like this to deal with.

Rant over. I spent several months doing computer work for a body shop.. I couldnt believe what people would ask them to do (instead of fixing the cars correctly)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.