Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what did i do now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver74insocal
worked all night to install a new to me engine and trans. used the furniture dolly method and it went off without a hitch (i thought) except i forgot to put blocks under the back calipers before laying her butt down to attach the trans. now everything is back in except the engine appears to be about an inch and a half too low. engine bar is tight, i did replace the old broken engine mounts with stock ones from the bird. defeated, i retreated to the house to ponder the situation with a glass of bourbon beer3.gif tomorrow is the g and r meet so im hoping if a effed something up i can get a replacement there.

any ideas? TIA ,DAve

realred914
driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif flag.gif idea.gif headbang.gif driving.gif
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Oct 22 2010, 10:30 PM) *

worked all night to install a new to me engine and trans. used the furniture dolly method and it went off without a hitch (i thought) except i forgot to put blocks under the back calipers before laying her butt down to attach the trans. now everything is back in except the engine appears to be about an inch and a half too low. engine bar is tight, i did replace the old broken engine mounts with stock ones from the bird. defeated, i retreated to the house to ponder the situation with a glass of bourbon beer3.gif tomorrow is the g and r meet so im hoping if a effed something up i can get a replacement there.

any ideas? TIA ,DAve

rubber mounts outboard on motor bar used on a late stlye bar might cause this what year car? do you have rubber mounts on both the motor mount bar ends AND where bar attaches to motor? (that would be wrong)

cheer.gif chowtime.gif
silver74insocal
its a 74 and the rubber mounts are between the bar and the engine. they are exactly where i removed the old ones from, which were ripped off leaving just the metal plate and studs confused24.gif let me see if i can get some pics...
Dave
Dr Evil
It may not actually be too low wink.gif Awaiting pics.
silver74insocal
hmm lets see

dang it..didnt work. ok lemme try this
silver74insocal
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=237128

its just easier biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
No, its not easier. If one is not logged in, one can not view the pics so I can not help.
silver74insocal
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 23 2010, 04:34 PM) *

No, its not easier. If one is not logged in, one can not view the pics so I can not help.

well crap..i will now read the thread on adding pics....thanks Doc...love the video BTW
Dr Evil
I am happy to hear that smile.gif
Dr Evil
Dr Evil
majkos
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 23 2010, 04:07 PM) *

"crappy to hear what!?" confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Computer is freezing up and triple posted dry.gif
silver74insocal
here we go. had to re shoot in a really low res
Click to view attachment
silver74insocal
its like this all the way around
Click to view attachment
silver74insocal
Click to view attachmentheres the bar confused24.gif
silver74insocal
and the new mounts
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Its all good smile.gif
76-914
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Oct 23 2010, 06:40 PM) *

Hey Dave bye1.gif There a couple of ass bite marks in my passenger seat. You don't know anything about that, do you? av-943.gif lol-2.gif Is that bar pulled up snug. It doesn't look like it from my angle. Which ain't so good! Hasta manana.
silver74insocal
Hey Dave bye1.gif There a couple of ass bite marks in my passenger seat. You don't know anything about that, do you? av-943.gif lol-2.gif Is that bar pulled up snug. It doesn't look like it from my angle. Which ain't so good! Hasta manana.
[/quote]
haha it does look that way lemme check it. bite marks? no, i just left you some stains... see you tomorrow bud
rick 918-S
QUOTE(majkos @ Oct 23 2010, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 23 2010, 04:07 PM) *

"crappy to hear what!?" confused24.gif

OMG! laugh.gif Your a funny guy Kev.

Can't help with the mount thing. Looks right to me unless I'm missing something. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.