Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eastwood’s "Internal Frame Coating" product
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
I’m looking for some guys that have experience with Eastwood’s "Internal Frame Coating" product or any other advise how to preserve the 914 body from the inside.

http://www.eastwood.com/internal-frame-coa...ray-nozzle.html

Thanks,
Dragan
McMark
Check out this thread from a few weeks ago.
charliew
I'm not to excited about just spraying stuff on top of crusty rust. I have bought the eastwood internal frame coating but somehow I will shoot some sand in there and clean it out first and get all the loose or layered on rust off first. No amount of rust converter in the world is gonna go through all the stuff you see in that bug tunnel and treat it to the bottom. I think all they did was cover a problem over for awhile.
draganc
Thanks Mark! Good link and great pictures.

@ charlie, I agree with “…I'm not to excited about just spraying stuff on top of crusty rust…” but if you "...somehow I will shoot some sand in there..." how will you get the sand out of it?
I guess this will make it worse since the residual sand will trap even more moister.

What do you guys think about using OSHPRO first and then cover it with the Eastwood product. I like OSHPRO since it’s viscosity is like water, however, I’m a bit concerned about it’s reaction time. When does it stop to convert, respectively attack good paint?
realred914
the linked posts has a nice before and after photo of a coated tunnel, the coating looks nice, but heck even a fresh coat of a childs water paint will look nice when viewed right after it drys. the key is if it stops the rust and stays put..

I have found eastwoods paint products to be JUNK. there rust converter was a disaster and they eventually had to reformulate it after many cutomer probelms 9I had it fail on two cars, had to be balsted off, it actually promoted rust!! the parts coated with the eastwood rust converter actaully rusted faster than test peices left bare.

avoid eastwoods snake oil junk.
draganc
@ realred914, do you have any picutres from your work?
bobhasissues
I used it, primarily to cover welds after installing Engman kit and repairing jack posts. Link to my thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=inner++long
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.