Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parking lever install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Hey guys, does anyone know how to hook up the parking lever on the 914? maybe im dumb but I couldnt figure it out today. Any articles out there on this or input someone could give would be awesome. Thanks

Matt
dem
Well, the lever itself isn't so complicated, assuming you have a whole, working late-style lever. Do you mean how it connects to the cables? This thread has pictures:
Parking brake connections

JayDubbya
MATT-

I've been fighting the same issue as you are since the PO(prev owner) totally removed the parking brake. He apparently did not see any use for a hand brake on a stick-shift car. So I've been reviewing diagrams, the 'net and been buying up parts for the past six months (along with several other more urgent projects.) In fact I now have about enough parts to build two hand brakes.

The official Porsche 914 parts catalog was very useful for me in figuring out all the parts to the hand brake and how they hooked together. Also, the catalog is very useful for learning Porsche's official names for the parts and the official parts numbers. I don't know how widely available that 8.4MB pdf file is since I believe it was removed from general availability by Porsche some time back.

I wonder if I'll get in trouble if I post the schematic page for the handbrake here? shades.gif
Click to view attachment

If it's useful, I could point out that the earlier 914's had a jointed two-part handbrake lever while the later handbrake levers (1973 and later) were a single piece lever.

ByTheWay - Cupertino_dem - your post linking to the previous thread was IMMENSELY helpful to me in clearing up two handbrake questions for me. THANKS !

-JW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.