Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Claimed 12k original miles 914 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 27 2010, 04:24 PM) *

this kinda reminds me of the yellow 74-3 that was for sale up here and the guy wanted 15k for it....... marky and i wondered why it had tits on it for a '73?... and started loking into it more and found that it had been hit in the front and not repaired much because we could see oil can dents and deformation in the front wheel wells and front structure. we pointed this out to the guy and he just shugged his shoulders and said he still felt is was worth what he was asking...... good luck!

I think it had no tits but a '73 VIN# or it had tits with a '72 VIN. Either way it's fun to say tits.
messix
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Oct 27 2010, 06:01 PM) *

Before all the hoopla, the owner sent me a short and to the point, but quite polite message. Out of respect for him I won't quote the asking price, but recall in the original Craigslist ad he said he would consider a trade for a late model Boxster (say somewhere around the 2007 MY). Look up those ads in Craigslist and you'll be in the ballpark.

good luck to him with that blink.gif

and thanks for the entertainment porboy!!! slap.gif
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 27 2010, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 27 2010, 04:24 PM) *

this kinda reminds me of the yellow 74-3 that was for sale up here and the guy wanted 15k for it....... marky and i wondered why it had tits on it for a '73?... and started loking into it more and found that it had been hit in the front and not repaired much because we could see oil can dents and deformation in the front wheel wells and front structure. we pointed this out to the guy and he just shugged his shoulders and said he still felt is was worth what he was asking...... good luck!

I think it had no tits but a '73 VIN# or it had tits with a '72 VIN. Either way it's fun to say tits.

so you're having a good day there huh mark? alzheimer's not to bad today? happy11.gif
RFoulds

Before all the hoopla, the owner sent me a short and to the point, but quite polite message. Out of respect for him I won't quote the asking price, but recall in the original Craigslist ad he said he would consider a trade for a late model Boxster (say somewhere around the 2007 MY). Look up those ads in Craigslist and you'll be in the ballpark.

Well, I can buy a 2007 Boxster at auction for 19-21k. Full retail for 07 Boxster is 31k, so that still leaves a wide window of speculation.

Here is my guess. He paid between 15k and 20k, and would like to get 20-25k. So, in my guesstimation, he is closer to George Hussey's estimate, ($25,000) than mine, ($13,000)
stirthepot.gif
There are 4 low mileage 914's for sale right now, all under $20k, so he might have to wait for the right buyer/collector, which it sounds like he is willing to do.

I just want to see more of these cars sell for north of $15k, so I can get a few more of them up for sale.

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Oct 28 2010, 11:14 AM) *

Well, I can buy a 2007 Boxster at auction for 19-21k. Full retail for 07 Boxster is 31k, so that still leaves a wide window of speculation.

Here is my guess. He paid between 15k and 20k, and would like to get 20-25k. So, in my guesstimation, he is closer to George Hussey's estimate, ($25,000) than mine, ($13,000)
stirthepot.gif
There are 4 low mileage 914's for sale right now, all under $20k, so he might have to wait for the right buyer/collector, which it sounds like he is willing to do.

I just want to see more of these cars sell for north of $15k, so I can get a few more of them up for sale.

It's nice to want but also nice to be realistic. A '73 or '74 914 is going to bring the most out of the 4 cylinder 914s. The LEs will be the first 4s to go in the high 20s if any of them will.
SLITS
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 28 2010, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Oct 28 2010, 11:14 AM) *

stirthepot.gif

It's nice to want but also nice to be realistic. A '73 or '74 914 is going to bring the most out of the 4 cylinder 914s. The LEs will be the first 4s to go in the high 20s if any of them will.

Never could understand why a gawd-awful paint job would sell for more. That must make Eric's Periwinkle Ass-Dragger priceless. hissyfit.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.