Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Claimed 12k original miles 914 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
biosurfer1
Just saw this pop up on the San Francisco craigslist...12k original miles?!?

This belong to anyone? Anyone care to venture a guess and how much they want?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/2027462458.html
siverson
Neat, too bad it's a 75.

-Steve
biosurfer1
Whats wrong with a 75?
Pat Garvey
a "concur" car?

May be real, or not. But the current owner knows nothing of 914's, which is why he/she posted nothing about the car.

Either go see it with a PPI person, or just forget you ever saw it. From the lack of information, other than high price, I wouldn't even bother.

And it is a 75, but is it a 1.8 or 2.0? The seller is, quite frankly, ignorant.

On the other hand, he could be rube, and just looking for a fast buck on a really nice 914.

No info, no persue on my part.
Mark Henry
Looks like it has side "door guard" trim, wasn't that on here before?
And wasn't the side trim drilled and screwed on?
SLITS
Driven off the showroom floor to the house and only made it off jackstands a couple of times in it's life. bs.gif
RFoulds
It would seem to be the same car. SO he must know something about 914's. He has had at least one before.

But, an exceptional condition, low miles 914 with nothing unique about its type or equipment is a 12-15k car. subtract 2-3k for the 1975 bumpers and a good ask would be 13k. Probably get 12k

Mine is similar, 1974, with 24,000 miles. All perfect and everything as delivered from dealer except the ugly Ansa exhaust, which is being replaced this week.

So, because mine is also equipped with working air, and still has chrome 1974 bumpers, I would appraise mine at 3-4k more than what his goes for.,

I will be watching it closely!! Let me know if you hear of its sale!!

popcorn[1].gif
Ferg
Wish I still had my boxster would have made that trade
windforfun
Go check it out. I most certainly would if I were in the market. It looks really excellent.
biosurfer1
I might if I'm in the area this Friday, however I already have my very own 914 money vacuum sitting in the garage:)
Valy
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Oct 26 2010, 06:32 PM) *

So this also include the original rusty hell hole...
Eric_Shea
Wish I still had my boxster would have made that trade

Already? Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, the state of Colorado is going to make you get a dealer license! lol3.gif
KELTY360
According to that other thread a new owner reported on 9/9/10 that he just bought the car and was very happy with it. Not so happy that it doesn't get posted for sale a month and a half later confused24.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 27 2010, 02:55 AM) *

According to that other thread a new owner reported on 9/9/10 that he just bought the car and was very happy with it. Not so happy that it doesn't get posted for sale a month and a half later confused24.gif

Looking to flip it for a profit shades.gif

Good luck with that in todays market rolleyes.gif
76-914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Oct 26 2010, 05:43 PM) *

Whats wrong with a 75?

I can only assume Steve refered to the #1- restrictive exhaust that the 75-76 share. HP was about 5hp less on this model; #2 - the bumpers are heavier (and more aerodynamic according to King George aka Dr914) and don't have the asthetic appeal of their chrome counterparts; or #3 - it might require emissions testing in some states. In CA the 75 is fine but the 76 must meet smog requirements.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 27 2010, 05:27 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 27 2010, 02:55 AM) *

Looking to flip it for a profit shades.gif

Good luck with that in todays market rolleyes.gif

Probably, but I would hope someone looking to flip would do a little more research first and know something about the car...I'm with Pat on this one, doesn't have a clue.
davep
Craigslist listing is gone already.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
That is even more that I would sell it for!!!! I would put 25 grand as a value.

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Oct 26 2010, 05:38 PM) *

Just saw this pop up on the San Francisco craigslist...12k original miles?!?

This belong to anyone? Anyone care to venture a guess and how much they want?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/2027462458.html

porboy
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 26 2010, 06:15 PM) *

a "concur" car?

May be real, or not. But the current owner knows nothing of 914's, which is why he/she posted nothing about the car.

Either go see it with a PPI person, or just forget you ever saw it. From the lack of information, other than high price, I wouldn't even bother.

And it is a 75, but is it a 1.8 or 2.0? The seller is, quite frankly, ignorant.

On the other hand, he could be rube, and just looking for a fast buck on a really nice 914.

No info, no persue on my part.

If I meet you face to face someday do you want to call me ignorant?
Rick
tod914
Just out of curiosity, what was his asking price for the car?
porboy
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 27 2010, 12:17 PM) *

I have owned 10 914's (1.7, 1.8, 2.0's, sixes, LE's, etc..), 4 Carrera's, and 1 Boxster 2.7 over the last 20 years. I have restored, raced, and shown 914s.
I have worked for Porsche and have been to the factory and museum.
I would say I know something about 914s but not everything. I do know enough not to list a 914 here because I knew I would get criticism and no qualified buyers.

To the gentleman who said I was ignorant, you are a coward to hide behind a website and say that.

My current 914 is the best car I have ever owned, but being just a car I would part with it to the right qualified buyer.

I pulled it off of CL due to the overwelming response of email. If I find the right buyer I'll sell, if not I will enjoy this superb 914.
windforfun
Right on. How much do you want for it?
mihai914
If you know enough about 914s to not list your car here, than why are you spending your time defending your position to no potential buyers?

Also why do you care about something said on another website non-related to you ad?

So you got called ignorant, personally I don't find it that nasty, he was saying that based on your ad you seemed to be ignorant. He's not hiding behind the website, by the username and location you can clearly see who he is and whereabouts he is.

Do you seriously want him to buy a plane ticket to go and tell you that you seem ignorant to him?

Good luck with the sale, I hope you find the right and qualified buyer to meet your standards for the car, every good car salesman is so emotionally attached to the incredible car he has that only the right buyer will have it and it's not only about the money!

If I were you, which I'm not, I would concentrate my efforts in getting back to those buyers instead of loosing my time here...
RFoulds
QUOTE(porboy @ Oct 27 2010, 01:35 PM) *

I do know enough not to list a 914 here because I knew I would get criticism and no qualified buyers.

Rick,
Sometimes, people are too quick to judge. When I read your ad, I too assumed it was someone who really doesn't know the 914. I stand corrected. However, I think you are wrong about not finding qualified buyers here. There are a few who check here frequently for just the right car.

You have an interesting car and with your experience, you know that values will vary widely. I placed it at $13k, George H says $25k. I tend to value cars a little low, because I try to sell them within 30 days max. Only you know what you need to sell the car for to make it worth it for you. But, it helps us all if we know how much you eventually sell it for if you do indeed sell it. All boats rise with the tide.

porboy
QUOTE(mihai914 @ Oct 27 2010, 02:05 PM) *

If you know enough about 914s to not list your car here, than why are you spending your time defending your position to no potential buyers?

Also why do you care about something said on another website non-related to you ad?

So you got called ignorant, personally I don't find it that nasty, he was saying that based on your ad you seemed to be ignorant. He's not hiding behind the website, by the username and location you can clearly see who he is and whereabouts he is.

Do you seriously want him to buy a plane ticket to go and tell you that you seem ignorant to him?

Good luck with the sale, I hope you find the right and qualified buyer to meet your standards for the car, every good car salesman is so emotionally attached to the incredible car he has that only the right buyer will have it and it's not only about the money!

If I were you, which I'm not, I would concentrate my efforts in getting back to those buyers instead of loosing my time here...

When I want a Canuck's opinion I'll let you know.
AndyB
QUOTE(porboy @ Oct 27 2010, 01:28 PM) *

And why dont YOU call him that to his face instead of behind your computer. You are quick to judge and point fingers. Not once did you answer a question.
KELTY360
QUOTE(porboy @ Oct 27 2010, 02:28 PM) *

Whoa! You'll never make it into the AssHat meetings with that attitude.
SirAndy
QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Oct 27 2010, 02:44 PM) *
And why dont YOU call him that to his face instead of behind your computer.

agree.gif

So far, all i see is a little kid that is butthurt because somebody called him out on his less than mediocre craigslist ad.

hissyfit.gif
porboy

And why dont YOU call him that to his face instead of behind your computer. You are quick to judge and point fingers. Not once did you answer a question.

Which Army were you in?
SirAndy
QUOTE(porboy @ Oct 27 2010, 02:52 PM) *
Which Army were you in?

You are well on your way to make a lot of friends here ... w00t.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(porboy @ Oct 27 2010, 01:52 PM) *

Which Army were you in?

Pretty sure my Avatar says that
johannes
popcorn[1].gif
dlee6204
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
windforfun
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
porboy
QUOTE(windforfun @ Oct 27 2010, 02:59 PM) *

Guys, I meant everything in fun, not really serious about my comments.
I was just surprized at how rialed-up everyone got.
I was just kidding, I hope you didn't take it wrong.
Have a nice day.
AndyB
QUOTE(porboy @ Oct 27 2010, 02:06 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Oct 27 2010, 02:59 PM) *

Guys, I meant everything in fun, not really serious about my comments.
I was just surprized at how rialed-up everyone got.
I was just kidding, I hope you didn't take it wrong.
Have a nice day.

Around here we use these funny little things here: bye1.gif other wise they are words and thats how it is poke.gif
windforfun
I wonder what she wants for her car?

drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

Who wants to ask?

Click to view attachment

AndyB
I will pay
Jakeodoule
popcorn[1].gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(porboy @ Oct 27 2010, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 27 2010, 12:17 PM) *

I have owned 10 914's (1.7, 1.8, 2.0's, sixes, LE's, etc..), 4 Carrera's, and 1 Boxster 2.7 over the last 20 years. I have restored, raced, and shown 914s.
I have worked for Porsche and have been to the factory and museum.
I would say I know something about 914s but not everything. I do know enough not to list a 914 here because I knew I would get criticism and no qualified buyers.

To the gentleman who said I was ignorant, you are a coward to hide behind a website and say that.

My current 914 is the best car I have ever owned, but being just a car I would part with it to the right qualified buyer.

I pulled it off of CL due to the overwelming response of email. If I find the right buyer I'll sell, if not I will enjoy this superb 914.

Wow, why would you NOT list your car here? I only listed my 914 here as I wanted it to go to someone who would really enjoy it. It sold in a decent amount of time for what I was okay with getting.

If you've owned that may P cars you should know that you are more likely to sell in a circle that out of the circle. Most of us love 914s and have friends that have a desire to join us.
messix
IB4L!!! happy11.gif

i think it's worth $1,000,000!!!!

it's one of one..... that was owned by porboy!

now that ups the value by $995,000!
messix
this kinda reminds me of the yellow 74-3 that was for sale up here and the guy wanted 15k for it....... marky and i wondered why it had tits on it for a '73?... and started loking into it more and found that it had been hit in the front and not repaired much because we could see oil can dents and deformation in the front wheel wells and front structure. we pointed this out to the guy and he just shugged his shoulders and said he still felt is was worth what he was asking...... good luck!
windforfun
My "73 1.7 has tits in the front. Not stock?
messix
QUOTE(windforfun @ Oct 27 2010, 04:57 PM) *

maybe it was tits in the back and none up front unsure.gif i don't remember that far back!
windforfun
It's a late "73. No tits in back. Thanks.
jonferns
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 27 2010, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Oct 27 2010, 04:57 PM) *

maybe it was tits in the back and none up front unsure.gif i don't remember that far back!

It was most likely tits in the front.

'73 had tits only in the front, '74 had them front and rear.
tod914
piratenanner.gif
tod914
I just contacted AIG... guess what fellers.. they said I'm qualified! I can also use Freddie and Fanny Mae as references if needed. So, back to my original question. How much?
dlkawashima
Before all the hoopla, the owner sent me a short and to the point, but quite polite message. Out of respect for him I won't quote the asking price, but recall in the original Craigslist ad he said he would consider a trade for a late model Boxster (say somewhere around the 2007 MY). Look up those ads in Craigslist and you'll be in the ballpark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.