Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 2056 with big valve 2.0 heads in progress!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
gothspeed
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 5 2010, 08:52 PM) *

I may be new to the forum but I am not new to performance engines. One of my passions is in intake and exhaust system design. I have successfully increased HP on many exisiting performance engines (of other makes), for a very long time.

One thing you'll learn is that the design of THIS engine is much different than other engines. I work with people who misconfigure these engines horribly and they have experience just like yours, with other engines.
Just be foreqwarned that your previous experience is probably best left aside, you have to start from scratch if you want to be successful.

Trouble is, there is no way for me to know what I am getting short of buying a ton of cams and measuring them. Which I may have to do, if I do not find what I need.

Guess what, thats what I've been doing from day one. I have cam doctor plots for EVERY one of my 65 cam grinds.

Lens cam is a secret weapon, actually both of them are. I was just using that cam as an illustration of how headwork and displacement can turn a race cam into a street cam in two different engines.

I have used the cam I designed for Len in a 2270cc engine with a 200CFM intake port and a 75% I/R ratio and the result was a powerband from 3-6K, instead of a powerband from 5-8.5K like Len's race engine. In the 2270 the cam idled like stock at 950 RPM and had a flat torque curve...

Keep doing your homework.... Just realize that the downfall of many TIV engine designers has been treating this engine like something that its not. Understand that now and make wise decisions.
Sheesh ... let me get my boots rolleyes.gif ................ I had no intention of reinventing the wheel with this little engine project, which is why I asked for info on this seemingly friendly forum. But since 'asking' for decent info has proven to be taboo, I will build this little motor to my liking, it is really not that big a deal. I prefer NOT to tout my experience or capabilities ...... and what nanoscopic amount I did mention, will be the end of it.

I thank those few who have posted useful info on this thread beerchug.gif !!!

Consider this thread closed sunglasses.gif !!!!
Jake Raby
Have fun. Just wanted to stimulate some thought.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.