Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Need a Battery Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I went out to put the optima in the 914. I put it in last fall but couldn't get it to fit exactly, so it was ziptied in from top and bottom. I'm doing a track day Sat/Sun and need a factory hold-down. I can't seem to locate mine DOH! Does anyone in the area have one?

thanks,
sean
dinomium
I would call Triad and see if they can overnight you one of their Optima batt mounts...
http://www.triadwestperformance.com/images/914-eng.jpg
Britain Smith
Actually...I have the perfect solution to the Optima battery hold-down issue.

You write Optima Customer Service and tell them you have on of their batteries and didn't get the mount to install your battery in your GM truck. You tell them you need the following:

IPB Image

OPTIMA® GROUP 34/78
The optional puck adapter is required for most GM installations where the side terminals are used.Position the puck against the center cylindar of the battery and bolt to the battery tray as shown.

Here is the actual Optima page:
Optima Battery Mounts Page.

I did this and they sent me a couple. This mount bolt directly into the stock battery tray and works like a charm.

-Britain
GaroldShaffer
Sorry my friend I just check both parts cars and I don't have one. Call Bradholio Mayeur at 309-694-1797 I know he has em. He has about 6 parts cars behind his shop. Ask reakl nice and I am sure he would overnite it to you.

- Garold
GaroldShaffer
Um, can we stop with the Bradholio stuff? its funny, when we are taking about our beloved Mr Roberts. laugh.gif

Just for the record Mr. Mayeur is not a "holio"

- Garold
tod914
Sean,

Just put the battery on it side and strap it down with a rubber bungie type cord. Got that from my local Auto Parts store. It has a metal "S" hook on each end. Easily secured to the bottom of the bat tray. Thats what I did with mine and it's rock solid. The batteries don't seem to fit well in the upright possition.
JWest
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Apr 21 2004, 11:09 AM)
Actually...I have the perfect solution to the Optima battery hold-down issue.

You write Optima Customer Service and tell them you have on of their batteries and didn't get the mount to install your battery in your GM truck. You tell them you need the following:

IPB Image

OPTIMA® GROUP 34/78
The optional puck adapter is required for most GM installations where the side terminals are used.Position the puck against the center cylindar of the battery and bolt to the battery tray as shown.

Here is the actual Optima page:
Optima Battery Mounts Page.

I did this and they sent me a couple. This mount bolt directly into the stock battery tray and works like a charm.

-Britain

That's what I did - works great!
GaroldShaffer
Just put the battery on it side and strap it down with a rubber bungie type cord

I don't think he will pass inspection for the track race he wants to run this weekend. confused24.gif

-Garold
Dave_Darling
Just go to your FLAPS and look. They'll have something that looks an awful lot like the stock clamp--a flattened triangle with a bolt through it.

--DD
dinomium
Ok I just figured out FLAPS nuttin gitz by me!
headbang.gif
peridotian
On the Bradholio thing, I used a hammer to pound in a Bradholio. Does this get converted as well, we will see.
seanery
Thanks for the advice guys. The optima mount is optimal, but I don't have time. I'm going to the Interstate Battery store in the morning (Optima dealer) hopefully they will have a mount for me.
Gint
Thanks for posting the Optima page with the bracket Britain! I have to order one of those.
seanery
So I was putting together a new toolbag for this weekend and found the mount in the old toolbag. I ground the edges off the case of the battery and all is good now.

Thanks again all.

I'm gonna call and get a couple Optima GM mounts anyway.
Brad Roberts
I HIGHLY recommend that everyone with an Optima GET one of these GM truck mounts. I have seen the stock 914 mount rip through the plastic bottom of the Optima. Not good. Someone showed me one of the mounts and I told them it was a GM truck mount (I drive one).. glad to know I was correct.

B
seanery
45 seconds on the phone and they're on the way! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.