Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Pits - What a Pit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I got just a little too close to a dirt hauler and now have pits in the windshield. It looked like just the normal dust /dirt blowing out but there were rocks lurking. sad.gif

Tried to get a pic, but all the glare on the windshield keep the pits from being visible.

About a dozen spots 1MM across and .25 MM deep. They're just deep enough to feel when you run your finger across them.

To keep the window from cracking someday, has anyone tried superglue or something clear like that to fill in the holes? Or am I just holed? chair.gif
EdwardBlume
Your FLAPS will have a windshield repair kit (Permatex?) that has all the materials. I used it on my 993 with success, but had it fail on a Honda and Acura... I think it really depends on the crack, the windshield and how well you apply it.

For the money, you might try taking it to a windshield repair person and get their .02 as well...

pcar916
Hi bandjoey! Ah yes, those of us with low cars have that to look forward to all the time. The last time I talked to my glass guy I wound up replacing it with a PPG piece. They only fix rock chips in my experience but talking from one DIY guy to another, I'd give it a try. That's a lot of polishing but maybe it's worth a shot. I'm not tooled-up for it.

Some of these glass gurus here may have a magic solution though! I'm a metal/electrical/stone kind-o-dude. The latter of which is of dubious value here piratenanner.gif
bandjoey
Hay Ron. Thanks. I'm the same way, a fix it with a hammer guy. Missed you at MUSR. Being closer next year, put it on the calendar! Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.