Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine trouble?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
J confused24.gif Bad news! headbang.gif
saturday something gave out or blew out. Don't know what. At first it sounded like a exhaust leak louder on acceleration, letting of at first seemed ok then got louder. Im no engine mechanic but it I a valve and/or piston problem. Very specifically from the right side. I think rear cylinder.
I am in beaufort sc so need to find someone close.
I put new s.s.h.e. with triad exhaust on 1500 miles ago no problems it is not an exhaust leak. More of a clank confused24.gif

So it is a 75 2.0 with 130,000 d jet had been running great. Last 3tanks got 32-35 mpg! No leaks and oil use. I've had 1 year. If I have to take this apart I think I want something like. The 2056? Upgrade cam thing like jake rang does. So jake how much? For simple upgrade cam with valve.piston. head don't know yet but I thought it was running great. I do not drive it hard. Just became a d.d. to/ from work.
I do not have the ability to lift high enough to drop the engine myself.
any advice on where to take it? 5 horst from atlanta, 4 from charlolette n.c.

Help!
Phil
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I will be in Hilton Head this weekend for the concours. Maybe I can drop by and listen to the engine, Phil.

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Nov 2 2010, 08:03 AM) *

saturday something gave out or blew out. Don't know what. At first it sounded like a exhaust leak louder on acceleration, letting of at first seemed ok then got louder. Im no engine mechanic but it I a valve and/or piston problem. Very specifically from the right side. I think rear cylinder.
I put new s.s.h.e. with triad exhaust on 1500 miles ago no problems it is not an exhaust leak. More of a clank confused24.gif

So it is a 75 2.0 with 130,000 d jet had been running great. Last 3tanks got 32-35 mpg! No leaks and oil use. I've had 1 year. If I have to take this apart I think I want something like. The 2056? Upgrade cam thing like jake rang does. So jake how much? For simple upgrade cam with valve.piston. head don't know yet but I thought it was running great. I do not drive it hard. Just became a d.d. to/ from work.

Help!
Phil

Did you 'blow' a plug out??

My #2 cylinder decided to eject it's plug yesterday. Sounded like I had a whole in the side of my engine from the top side. I did and it was the size of a spark plug!!

Good Luck
Ken
DRPHIL914
[quote name='dr914@autoatlanta.com' date='Nov 2 2010, 11:07 AM' post='1389822']
I will be in Hilton Head this weekend for the concours. Maybe I can drop by and listen to the engine, Phil.

[quote name='Philip W.' post='1389821' date='Nov 2 2010, 08:03 AM']

George,

Wow that would be great, but I actually have to be in florida saturday and sunday ( I ocasionally teach college and post. Grad sports chiropractic classes) so depends on when u are coming and leaving. Im in beaufort but would put it on a car hauled and bring it over just to have the chance to meet you, and get your opinion on this.

Phil
[/quote]

Cap'n Krusty
Right side? I suspect valve/seat/piston issues with #3 cylinder.

The Cap'n
DRPHIL914
B
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Nov 2 2010, 11:13 AM) *

Did you 'blow' a plug out??

My #2 cylinder decided to eject it's plug yesterday. Sounded like I had a whole in the side of my engine from the top side. I did and it was the size of a spark plug!!

Good Luck
Ken

beer3.gif

Ken, I will.look closer may be? It was not too loud at first got louder then lost some power, ill check tonight.
realred914
A standard floor jack and some medium sized stands should get the car high enough in the air to be able to remove the motor, been doing it that way for a long long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.