Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: putting on a new coil..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ONTHEGRIND
anyone have a wiring diagram for hooking up a new coil I pulled mine off a while ago and need to know how tho re hook it up I also have a ignition box to connect best to watch in hd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNx_VMDB6uM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNx_VMDB6uM
Mark Henry
The simple is the hot wire goes to + and the condenser (dizzy wire) goes to the -.

If you have a box figure out which on you have and google the wiring diagram. MSD, crane, etc. they are all online.
ONTHEGRIND
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 3 2010, 11:59 AM) *

The simple is the hot wire goes to + and the condenser (dizzy wire) goes to the -.

If you have a box figure out which on you have and google the wiring diagram. MSD, crane, etc. they are all online.

i just checked the box is a allison xr700..
ONTHEGRIND
so I have a red black and purple coming from the box..

Red is positive
black is negative Is this correct
purple is ground

Then I am guessing from the relay box I have red and black twist and a black with some sort on transistor soldered into it im guessing in negative ?

ONTHEGRIND
bump
ONTHEGRIND
i thought this would be an easy response nobody can confirm what i asked in the video..
benalishhero
Out of the original harness, the black goes to (+15 on coil) and the black/purple goes to (-1 on coil). The original condensor wire(usually green) should be on -1 too. The black is keyed power and the black/purple goes to the tach.

The double connector(green and brown) powers the heater blower in the engine compartment.

I'm not familiar with your allison, but I'm assuming the red is to +15 and the black is to -1 (leave the original black and condensor wire off). Then just put the tach wire back on the -1.

Hope this helps......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.