Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found a teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mepstein
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Nov 9 2010, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(ELLIOTT @ Nov 8 2010, 08:21 PM) *

those seats are cool looking

I think so too!!(it's a 1.8).....you scored for that price. flag.gif popcorn[1].gif
bye1.gif

1 engine, 8 cylinders?
Drums66
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 9 2010, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Drums66 @ Nov 9 2010, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(ELLIOTT @ Nov 8 2010, 08:21 PM) *

those seats are cool looking

I think so too!!(it's a 1.8).....you scored for that price. flag.gif popcorn[1].gif
bye1.gif

1 engine, 8 cylinders?

....1.8 liter,4 cylinders hissyfit.gif
mepstein
The spare is also a Pedrini styled Mahle. Scotty B is a lucky guy.

Car has little Ziebart plugs all over. Is that a special German upgrade?
Eric_Shea
You should be able to trade out all of the body work for that rare find! w00t.gif
mepstein
Origional bill of sale
mepstein
Started playing around.
mepstein
Just can't warm up to the late bumpers
scotty b
It's official. You now have 2 914's. One at a shop and one at home. Neither one runs, both are eaten up with rust, your wife and kids would be embarrassed to be seen in either welcome.png
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 1 2010, 07:44 PM) *

It's official. You now have 2 914's. One at a shop and one at home. Neither one runs, both are eaten up with rust, your wife and kids would be embarrassed to be seen in either welcome.png

The wheels you want just went up in price bootyshake.gif

The white car is in my workshop and the red car is at your shop, family doesn't see either of them. The white car is less rusty than the red car. It's all origional except a poor respray, so it's pretty cool to take apart and see what they really looked like in 75. Floors are solid but will need hell hole work. dry.gif

My daughter made me promise I would drive her to school next year on the first day in a Porsche poke.gif

If I find another for $100, I have room for a 3rd biggrin.gif

scotty b
[quote name='mepstein' date='Dec 1 2010, 06:00 PM' post='1401069']
sunglasses.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 1 2010, 07:44 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

The wheels you want just went up in price bootyshake.gif

The white car is in my workshop and the red car is at your shop, family doesn't see either of them.

Ah so it's kind of like auto adultry. Keep the strange away from home. Good idea

My daughter made me promise I would drive her to school next year on the first day in a Porsche poke.gif

So you're in the market for a 911 now ??

If I find another for $100, I have room for a 3rd biggrin.gif
[/quote]
mepstein

So you're in the market for a 911 now ??- Well, guys are practically giving them away on Pelican.

Actually, about a month ago I made an offer on one that one of my clients needs to sell. My offer was insultingly low but the car is still there. Maybe by January...
mepstein
Progress - I think...
bembry
Wow--that car doesn't have much more rust than my CA 914 did--astounding for a PA find! Combined with the cool seats, low miles, orig sales sticker, that thing should go for a keep-it-all-original restore.
Very nice find.
Hammy
QUOTE(bembry @ Dec 5 2010, 07:15 AM) *

Wow--that car doesn't have much more rust than my CA 914 did--astounding for a PA find! Combined with the cool seats, low miles, orig sales sticker, that thing should go for a keep-it-all-original restore.
Very nice find.

agree.gif
Tell me you're saving it!
mepstein
QUOTE(Hammy @ Dec 5 2010, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(bembry @ Dec 5 2010, 07:15 AM) *

Very nice find.

agree.gif
Tell me you're saving it!

Saving it... but it won't be stock.
mepstein
Mechanic told me it had a fender bender at one time.
mepstein
next
mepstein
last
mepstein
more stuff removed.
mepstein
All wires get tagged
EdwardBlume
You are one fart smella, I mean one smart fella... first.gif
mepstein
Inspiration for build. Keep it light, simple, clean. No airbox or venting in front cowl, minimal dash, minimal carpet, no soundproofing. No long trips, just a fun runabout car for local driving.
type47
Yea, but don't ya want some seats? biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 9 2010, 02:10 PM) *

Yea, but don't ya want some seats? biggrin.gif

Yes. Probably use black seat covers over origional seats - for now.
mepstein
Look at post 28 & 29. Jackposts looked pretty good. Even held up to a light screwdriver attack. Now see what happens when I get more aggressive. Driverside opened up under medium pressure, passenger side under hard pressure. The actual longs seem to be ok, though the driver side might be getting thin. Still, no breakthrough even pounding on it with big screwdriver.

mepstein
Future weight loss program:

backpad - 10
interior firewall pad - 15
engine firewall pad - 10
short dash - 10
front airbox assembly - 10
spare tire - 28
spare tire board - 7
some carpet- 10
'75 bumpers - 85
foam trim - 5

total ~ 190lbs
scotty b
Get that tar board out of there and you'll find out the truth behind your floors and drop another 10 ( ? ) lbs. first.gif Mapp gas and a scraper takes about 2 hours if your slow lol-2.gif
mepstein
Floors have surface rust but very solid
mepstein
passenger side
mepstein
Pedal area - not so good
mepstein
Front hood latch attatchment point under cowl - mouse nest held water in pocket. sad.gif
mepstein
Passenger side hellhole was caked with a combination of mouse nest and dirt. Held moisture next to metal mad.gif
mepstein
Driver side hellhole- of course. - Haven't taken a good look at suspention console.
mepstein
Current condition. I need to heat up my workshop so the wire harness is flexible and can be removed. Freezing temps make it too stiff to work through the tunnel. Did I just say that? lol-2.gif
PlaysWithCars
What about the mechanicals? Any clue on condition of the engine or transmission?
mepstein
Ran when brought in to the mechanic but needed a new clutch. Maybe the guys coming for the Jan GTG will want to give it a try?
mepstein
"Driving" into the workshop.
okieflyr
Mark,

My suggestion will be to leave the car on the ground until the flange nut on the rear axles can get broke loose since they are usually a bi**h even with a cheater pipe. A little pre-planning with some penetrating oil on the fragile or difficult fasteners around the exhaust will help too.

I've had my heater on today so it's 75 degrees in the garage, and the sawzall is breaking a sweat. I just pulled the complete harness out as well, but I could cut the sheetmetal openings to make things easier.
mepstein
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Dec 31 2010, 04:12 PM) *

Mark,

My suggestion will be to leave the car on the ground until the flange nut on the rear axles can get broke loose since they are usually a bi**h even with a cheater pipe. A little pre-planning with some penetrating oil on the fragile or difficult fasteners around the exhaust will help too. Good idea - I have no jack anyway

I've had my heater on today so it's 75 degrees in the garage, and the sawzall is breaking a sweat. I just pulled the complete harness out as well, but I could cut the sheetmetal openings to make things easier.

I took my time with the wire harness and labled each conection, took pictures and even made a chart for the guages. I don't know how to read the wire diagram so I'm hoping this pre planning will help things go better when i put it back together. If I was just pulling it out to sell, it would be quick.

I could use a 4x4 piece of metal under the front trunk hinge where it rusted through. front hood release ataches with 2 bolts from the underside. picture is in this thread.
okieflyr
I could use a 4x4 piece of metal under the front trunk hinge where it rusted through. front hood release ataches with 2 bolts from the underside. picture is in this thread.
[/quote]

I had already cut the dash and firewall out, but I have a piece that may work.
I can also set aside the driver side suspension console if you want any patch metal for that repair? If not I'll leave it on the trailer going to the scrap yard in a couple weeks.
mepstein
[quote name='okieflyr' date='Jan 1 2011, 04:58 PM' post='1412355']
[/quote]

I had already cut the dash and firewall out, but I have a piece that may work.
I can also set aside the driver side suspension console if you want any patch metal for that repair? If not I'll leave it on the trailer going to the scrap yard in a couple weeks.
[/quote]

Sure, thanks, mark
mepstein
Paul P's turn to finish the story
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.