Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy for 914-6 Oil Tanks, any interest?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hwgunner
OK, so I have had a few people ask about doing a group buy on 914-6 oil tanks. I have made some calls and done some figuring and here is what i have come up with.

Number 1: Need 10 of these sold
Patrick Motorsports Tank $635
Patrick Motorsports Filter Console $125.00
Patrick Motorsports Filler Neck w/ Dipstick $150.00

The Filter console and filler neck are not required for the buy in. I will be discounting them on my own so that you guys will be getting a better deal.

Number 2: Need 5 of these sold
Vellios Oil Tank (with filter console) $450.00

Number 3: Need 10 of these sold
GPR Custom 3 piece Cohline 914-6 Oil Line set $250.00 ($275 less than ten sets)

Please no BASHING of any of these parts. Discussion and facts are great but I do not want to get into any mudslinging about any of this.

Is there anything else you guys need?

As with all sales, this is plus shipping and Sales Tax if in Ca.

Let me know if you have any questions and post here if you are in so I can keep track beerchug.gif
Scott S
Very interested in the oil lines. I could not find any info on the GPR site - do youhave alink to the specifics?

Thanks for putting these buys together!!
beer.gif
JmuRiz
Put me down the for:
Patrick Motorsports Filler Neck w/ Dipstick

and #3
GPR Custom 3 piece Cohline 914-6 Oil Line set $250.00

FWIW, I think these are the lines right?
e-bay for the 914/6 oil lines
hwgunner
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 10 2010, 12:16 PM) *

Put me down the for:

and #3

FWIW, I think these are the lines right?
e-bay for the 914/6 oil lines

You're down!

thanks
hwgunner
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Nov 10 2010, 11:51 AM) *

Very interested in the oil lines. I could not find any info on the GPR site - do youhave alink to the specifics?

Thanks for putting these buys together!!
beer.gif

Here is what i can tell you. They are not on the website because i have some major changes coming and I do not want to have to do the work twice. The lines are custom made for me on a Cohline oil line machine with real Cohline parts and hose. Essentially these are the same as the factory lines. They are the same size and configuration as the original 914-6 oil lines, including the 90 degree fitting and the coupler that goes through the bracket on the body. For a conversion car that does not have the bracket you can either make and add the bracket or find another way to support the line at that point. Either way that is easy enough. If you have any other questions let me know. beerchug.gif
mharmon
I'm in for an oil line set.
Scott S
Shoot - my car is in the process of being converted, so I do not have the hard return line. I will drop you a line/PM directly to discuss the one long line I will need.

Thanks!!
hwgunner
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Nov 10 2010, 01:14 PM) *

Shoot - my car is in the process of being converted, so I do not have the hard return line. I will drop you a line/PM directly to discuss the one long line I will need.

Thanks!!

I can have any line made for you. Just let me know which one and how long you want it.

jonathan
ONTHEGRIND
I would be interested as I may change my mind and do the swap after all..Any way you could post pics or send me pics of the items listed
SirAndy
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 10 2010, 11:43 AM) *

Do you have pics of the two tanks, side by side??? idea.gif
-JR-
Are the Vellios tanks new old stock or is someone remanufacturing them now?

George Vellios seems to be like a Unicorn these days, a mystical creature of great power but no one really knows if they exist anymore!

If they are new old stock, any idea if these tanks contain internal baffling? I've heard that his early versions didn't include any baffling and caused bad oil foaming under certain conditions. These are the cast aluminum tanks I assume.

I assume if I pick the Vellios tank, I just add a Patrick neck to complete it?

Thanks!
type47
I'll commit to:
Put me down the for:

and #3

and I would be interested in an engine oil cooler (on the engine...)
Mark Henry
Damn...I wouldn't have the coin for this till mid/late January. sad.gif
tradisrad
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 11 2010, 06:06 AM) *

Damn...I wouldn't have the coin for this till mid/late January. sad.gif

I find my self in the same boat. I wonder if the wife would miss a $1000 form savings...
i want to, but have to wait.
The new sway bar is awesome
ConeDodger
Lots of interest. No budget for that right now. sad.gif
Mark Henry
What would be the cut off date?
kfish914
I would be interested in one of the oil tanks, not sure which is better. However I would not have the money until late January maybe even February. sad.gif
JmuRiz
I think the Patrick Motorsports oil tanks and lighter, one reason I'm going for it biggrin.gif

BTW I'd be fine with a delay, if it means more people can do the group-buy...probably won't work on the conversion till spring anyway.
hwgunner
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 12 2010, 09:02 AM) *

I think the Patrick Motorsports oil tanks and lighter, one reason I'm going for it biggrin.gif

BTW I'd be fine with a delay, if it means more people can do the group-buy...probably won't work on the conversion till spring anyway.

This is true, the Patrick tank is lighter, and that is seen as a benefit. beerchug.gif
pete-stevers
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 10 2010, 04:29 PM) *

any thoughts on photos of the two....
who is making the velios tank for you?
patssle
What else is the difference between the two tanks, besides weight?

And why no bashing...is there a history on one or some of these parts that have caused complaints? Sorry if that's stirthepot.gif ...
-JR-
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 12 2010, 02:10 PM) *

And why no bashing...is there a history on one or some of these parts that have caused complaints? Sorry if that's stirthepot.gif ...

Vellios is a cast aluminum tank where as the Partick version is welded aluminum panels.

Patrick tank is slightly larger in capacity as well.

Some early Vellios tanks lacked internal baffling I understand. Can cause oil foaming and in race applications it can starve the oil pickup in long cornering I also hear.
hwgunner
QUOTE(patssle @ Nov 12 2010, 01:10 PM) *

Every part has a history. I do not mind the facts, which so far is what we have, but quite frankly there is a personal side to some of these parts that I do not feel would be appropriot for this thread. I just don't want to get into that personal side about any of the manufacturers.
hwgunner
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 11 2010, 10:51 AM) *

Thai is a bit up in the air right now. I definitely do not want things dragging on for months though unless someone else wants to keep track of things.
hwgunner
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Nov 12 2010, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 10 2010, 04:29 PM) *

any thoughts on photos of the two....
who is making the velios tank for you?

I should have photos of the 2 sided by side at the end of this next week. The 2 taks are very different in design but end up doing the same thing. The Patrick tank is sheet aluminum that has been cut and welded together with internal baffeling and accessory and mounting points just like the original. The Vellios tank, made by Vellios, is cast aluminum, 2 halves, and also has internal baffeling. The mounting points on the Vellios are the same as the factory and it requires a filler neck like the factory but it has the filter console/stand built right in. This further recuces the cost of the Vellios over the Patrick. It must also be pointed out that the Vellios tank is heavier by several pounds because it is cast.

The last thing I want to say is that I will not sell anything that I do not beleive in. Both of these tanks are good tanks. beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 13 2010, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 11 2010, 10:51 AM) *

Thai is a bit up in the air right now. I definitely do not want things dragging on for months though unless someone else wants to keep track of things.

I could do that.

Just a thought:
We could also do a deposit so we know exactly where were at numbers wise. There would be a paypal charge (if I was to hang onto everyones deposit), I don't want to be out of pocket. Then we could have a February 1st or March 1st due date.
Then we could all get the Patrick tank.

Myself, I could probably get together the funds for just the Vellios tank within a month or so if things are leaning that way.

BTW the console for the Patrick tank, is it the same as the one for the /6 tank?
If it is I have it.
-JR-
Put me down for a Vellios tank and a filler neck assembly.

I couldn't find any information on the oil lines. There are at least 6 lines in a complete front oil cooler setup or more depending on how it's configured.

Which oil lines are in this kit? A simple diagram would be SUPER! Or part numbers of Porsche lines it's replacing would also work for me.

Thanks Johnathan.

BTW - The group buy steel GT fender flare order went smooooth.
Mark Henry
Bump, worst case I could probalby swing the vellios tank.
JmuRiz
Weekly bump to let people know this is still hopefully in the works.
patssle
I'll go for the Vellios...can't seem to justify the couple hundred dollars more for the PMS tank.
hwgunner
Yes, this is still going to happen at this point. I will do a count over the long weekend to let people know where we stand. beerchug.gif
TROJANMAN
Where's George when you need him.......Can't he buy all this stuff and give us a $4 discount????

happy11.gif
tomeric914
Is this group buy still on? I'm curious what you mean by, "I will be discounting them on my own so that you guys will be getting a better deal" Does that mean that the price for the neck and console will be less than what is listed below?

Does the Filler Neck w/ Dipstick below also fit the Vellios?

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 10 2010, 02:43 PM) *

The Filter console and filler neck are not required for the buy in. I will be discounting them on my own so that you guys will be getting a better deal.

hwgunner
The prices "listed below" are the discount prices. Regular price for both of those is $159 each. Yes the filler neck fits the Vellios unit. And yes this is still on. From what I have seen though this could take a while because there are several people who are looking at pulling the trigger after the first of the year.

jonathan
hwgunner

QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Dec 2 2010, 07:39 AM) *

Is this group buy still on? I'm curious what you mean by, "I will be discounting them on my own so that you guys will be getting a better deal" Does that mean that the price for the neck and console will be less than what is listed below?

Does the Filler Neck w/ Dipstick below also fit the Vellios?

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 10 2010, 02:43 PM) *

JmuRiz
Thanks for the update...FYI, got the sheetmetal today!!! Impressed with your other group buys.
jmill
Very interested in the PM goodies. Can't swing diddly until January. I'm in for the tank for sure. Don't know if I can swing the cash for the console and neck by then though. Hopefully santa is good to me. santa_smiley.gif
-JR-
I never got a reply to this question...

QUOTE(-JR- @ Nov 13 2010, 09:30 PM) *

I couldn't find any information on the oil lines. There are at least 6 lines in a complete front oil cooler setup or more depending on how it's configured.

Which oil lines are in this kit? A simple diagram would be SUPER! Or part numbers of Porsche lines it's replacing would also work for me.

Thanks Johnathan.

bigkensteele
I would be in for a Velios tank, the console, and the lines. If the GB goes to the Patrick tank, I am still in, but I would rather save the money and go Velios. Please let me know if you want/need a deposit.

Thanks, Jonathan - you are once again stepping up and doing the crap that nobody else wants to do, but benefits many...
hwgunner
QUOTE(-JR- @ Dec 2 2010, 08:50 PM) *

I never got a reply to this question...

QUOTE(-JR- @ Nov 13 2010, 09:30 PM) *

Thanks Johnathan.

Sorry I missed this. the oil line set is the 3 piece set for a stock 914-6. this is not for a front oil cooler set up. there are the 2 lines that get coupled together at the stock oil line bracket, with the coupler, and the line that attaches to the curved hard line that goes under the motor. if you are looking for a custom set up to go to a front cooler i can probably get that done also but we would need to talk on the phone about it. thanks for asking. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
OK here is the list i have so far. I will update as people chime in. getting close on the Vellios. beerchug.gif

Patrick Oil tank
1. JmuRiz
2. type47

Vellios oil tank
1. -JR-
2. patssle
3. bigkensteele
4. tomeric914

Filter Console
1. JmuRiz
2. type47

Filler neck with dip
1. JmuRiz
2. type47
3. -JR-
4. tomeric914
5. patssle
6. bigkensteele

Oil line set (3)
1. JmuRiz
2. mharmon
3. type47
4. bigkensteele
hwgunner
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 10 2010, 12:16 PM) *

Yes this is the oil line set that i am talking about. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
If any one with the Patrick tank wants to jump ship let me know because i am ordering the Vellios tanks tomorrow. Vellios guys get ready because i will be asking for $$ as soon as i get a confirmation as to when i will be receiving the tanks.

Jonathan
hwgunner
patssle
Oh, add the filler neck and dip to my Vellios order since that is needed.
tomeric914
I'm jumping ship! Please switch me from the PMS tank to the Vellios unit.

Also take me off the list for the filter console since that's an integral bit to the Vellios.

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Dec 7 2010, 09:27 PM) *

If any one with the Patrick tank wants to jump ship let me know because i am ordering the Vellios tanks tomorrow. Vellios guys get ready because i will be asking for $$ as soon as i get a confirmation as to when i will be receiving the tanks.

hwgunner
Updated

OK here is the list i have so far. I will update as people chime in. getting close on the Vellios. beerchug.gif

Patrick Oil tank
1. JmuRiz
2. type47

Vellios oil tank
1. -JR-
2. patssle
3. bigkensteele
4. tomeric914

Filter Console
1. JmuRiz
2. type47

Filler neck with dip
1. JmuRiz
2. type47
3. -JR-
4. tomeric914
5. patssle
6. bigkensteele

Oil line set (3)
1. JmuRiz
2. mharmon
3. type47
4. bigkensteele
sixgt
I would like to get a set of the oil lines, and the filler neck and dipstick. Thanks.
hwgunner
QUOTE(sixgt @ Dec 8 2010, 12:26 PM) *

I would like to get a set of the oil lines, and the filler neck and dipstick. Thanks.

I will add you to the list.

jonathan
ONTHEGRIND
Did you ever get any pictures ? I am in with cash in hand I would just like to see a comparo between velios and patrick..
hwgunner
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Dec 8 2010, 02:17 PM) *

Did you ever get any pictures ? I am in with cash in hand I would just like to see a comparo between velios and patrick..

I have been looking for my old pics of the Patrick but can not find it at this point. I will look some more. I sold my last Patrick tank just before the group buy and have been trying to get JP to sell me one at the GB price but he has raised my price for one and wont send just one to be for the GB. I have ot get 10 to be able to buy them at the GB price and get more pictures. You can see the Patricjk one on his website and the Vellios can be seen HERE.

Jonathan
bigkensteele
Hi Jonathan,

Please take me off the list for the oil lines. I plan to run a front cooler.

Thanks,
Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.