Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door handle lock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mgphoto
Hello,
So A-hole broke into my car yesterday, he smashed the drivers window but before that he tried to pound a screwdriver into the drivers door lock. I am searching for a good door handle with a lock that I can re-key.
Does anyone have experience re-keying the door handle lock?
I need some advise and guidance to accomplish this.
Thanks in advance.
Mike
underthetire
Do a search. There is a step by step on how to do them. Not that hard really.
mgphoto
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Nov 11 2010, 10:33 AM) *

Thanks Jeff!!!
mgphoto

Thanks Jeff!!!
tradisrad
It is not that hard. My car came w/o keys and I rekeyed ALL of the locks to match the new ignition.
It was helpful that I had spare lock cylinders so I had extra wafers. I took all of my locks apart, measured (some were not numbered) and sorted the wafers and figured out what my key was and rebuilt. Dont forget the vallet wafer.
There is a member here that sells lock sets in the classifeds and I think he is in your area (nope I checked he is near SLO). I bet he can help you with the wafers; you may need extras to properly key the lock. Here he is: link
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Nov 11 2010, 10:39 AM) *

Thanks Jeff!!!

Your welcome!
mgphoto
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 11 2010, 11:51 AM) *

It is not that hard. My car came w/o keys and I rekeyed ALL of the locks to match the new ignition.
It was helpful that I had spare lock cylinders so I had extra wafers. I took all of my locks apart, measured (some were not numbered) and sorted the wafers and figured out what my key was and rebuilt. Dont forget the vallet wafer.
There is a member here that sells lock sets in the classifeds and I think he is in your area (nope I checked he is near SLO). I bet he can help you with the wafers; you may need extras to properly key the lock. Here he is: link

Thanks Rob,
I was able to re-key the lock, all but 3 of the wafers in my old lock were broken, I use those 3 and the ones in the replacement lock.
But I will keep this info for future reference.
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.