Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
When I pull my speedo, I end up having to pull my tach so I can disconnect the cable. Does everyone else do this, or is my cable inordinately short?
Cupomeat
Beats me, I usually pull the whole gauge panel (the surround of all three)
type47
I usually reach up to behind the dash from below and kill my wrists and hands on the bodywork mad.gif
tradisrad
to pulle only the speedo you need to remove the odo reset cable and the speedo cable then you can pull it out and remove the wires. I just did this a few month ago.
jeffdon
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 11 2010, 10:50 AM) *

I usually reach up to behind the dash from below and kill my wrists and hands on the bodywork mad.gif

Man, no kidding. Its like a rat trap up in there.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The cable is held under the dash by wire holders that you can bend back to free. The problem is the odometer cable. It has to be freed from its holder on the lower dash edge first before removing the instrument.

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Nov 11 2010, 11:46 AM) *

When I pull my speedo, I end up having to pull my tach so I can disconnect the cable. Does everyone else do this, or is my cable inordinately short?

jeffdon
Ok, got that figured out. Now how do I get the bulbs out of the thing? Do the brass hodlers get pried out somehow? They seem like they are really in there.
tomeric914
When I pull my Speedo, something else falls out... lol-2.gif
Mike Bellis
Which one is my speedo?
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.