Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which suspension combo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
speed metal army
Im looking for the best kit or combo of individual components for my suspension.Ive got a '76 2.0.

Its for the street only,but would like to have quailty handling under aggressive conditions.

Any suggestions of full kits,or individual shocks/struts/springs etc. that work for you?

Thanks
Derek Seymour
I found this to be very helpful for choosing the torsion/ spring rates
914World.com

As far as brands go I went with:
Bilstein HD shocks on all fours.
Weltmeister springs in the rear.
Sway-A-Way torsion bars up front.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
An easy inexpensive way to get great handling is to install a set of high speed rated 195 65 15 tires with stiff sidewall, 100 lb springs, and bilstein shocks. You will be quite impressed with the improvement and still have a very drivable 914

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Nov 12 2010, 11:46 PM) *

Im looking for the best kit or combo of individual components for my suspension.Ive got a '76 2.0.

Its for the street only,but would like to have quailty handling under aggressive conditions.

Any suggestions of full kits,or individual shocks/struts/springs etc. that work for you?

Thanks

bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 13 2010, 07:07 AM) *

An easy inexpensive way to get great handling is to install a set of high speed rated 195 65 15 tires with stiff sidewall, 100 lb springs, and bilstein shocks. You will be quite impressed with the improvement and still have a very drivable 914

Thanks

George talked me into that setup for my 73 2.0 and I couldn't be more happy with it. The car came alive. It set it about 1 1/2 inches lower and made the car much more responsive to steering input. My suspension was fairly shot so anything would have been better, but this is as stiff as I would ever go considering I mostly use mine for summer time commuting and road trips.
speed metal army
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 13 2010, 07:07 AM) *

Thanks

Got the tires already,so I guess I'll seek out some Springs/shocks.
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.