Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what have you done with stock FI and performance mods?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
roadster fan
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Nov 15 2010, 07:23 PM) *

Is there no hope to make 120-130 hp with a tuned EFI TIV? Is it the intake runners or the cams or what that are the major hurdle?

The MPS. The issue is with the Djet or Ljet as it is not easily modified/tuned for performance gains. It is an old system that works great in a stock configuration but you are limited to tweaking the MPS. If you went aftermarket EFI the limit is your checkbook and tuning expertise with the type4.

Many have used Megasquirt, SDS, and other aftermarket EFI systems with good success. How ambitious are you? I think post #41 says all you need to know about the combo to use with D-jet.

Jim
Jake Raby
QUOTE(realred914 @ Nov 20 2010, 09:35 AM) *

QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Nov 20 2010, 08:27 AM) *

what is the lift and duration on the raby cams that folks are using? i what to get some comparisions on this, will make a chart of varius combos of cams and such.

I understand the desire to scrutinze the cam specs, but IMO you can save yourselve a lot of time and trouble and the possiblity of coming to the wrong conclusion about an option by simply letting Jake make the selection for you based on the performance criteria that he draws from you. He won't miss the mark. No one out there has done more R&D with the T4 in general and the D-Jet 2056 in particular.

You can then ask users of the same cam & combo as yours their opinions of the drivability and overall performance before making your final decision.

The combo you have outlined for your engine is a pretty tried and true one with a lot of folks running it. No need to complicate the process. Stastically speaking if you strike out on your own (by that I mean trying unproven components i.e. cam and heads) you are more likely to miss than to hit the target.

BTW, the #'s on a cam card tell very little of the complete picture, and the #'s from at least one very popular manufacturer of some very popular T4 cams are not what they read on a Cam Dr.

i tried getting info from him, it is a no go, he wont recommend any parts or configuration to me. I asked about that. Seems like he dont want to make the sale?????? I can't figure it out with him. headbang.gif headbang.gif

I don't operate conventionally.. My arrangements aren't conventional and due to that they are not as thoroughly understood by general enthusiasts as they need to be.

Here you place the order, fill out my questionnaire and have a phone consultation with me and i choose the cam of mine that you NEED, you will then understand.

Sorry, if you are looking for a bunch of numbers and a one line description of what a cam is supposed to that you can choose from, you'll not get that here.. Thats just not what I believe in or how I operate. Doing things in the method I prescribe is how I have pleased thousands of people on these forums, and it damn sure wasn't easy. I understand my camshafts better than anyone.

The way I design cams is much different, you can't compare my offerings to others without comparing apples to oranges.

No, making a sale isn't important enough for me to not follow our procedures or release information freely to anyone who requests it, before they make a purchase. I'd love to help you and it isn't complicated at all after the order is placed.

Bleyseng
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Nov 22 2010, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(TargaToy @ Nov 15 2010, 07:23 PM) *

Is there no hope to make 120-130 hp with a tuned EFI TIV? Is it the intake runners or the cams or what that are the major hurdle?

The MPS. The issue is with the Djet or Ljet as it is not easily modified/tuned for performance gains. It is an old system that works great in a stock configuration but you are limited to tweaking the MPS. If you went aftermarket EFI the limit is your checkbook and tuning expertise with the type4.

Many have used Megasquirt, SDS, and other aftermarket EFI systems with good success. How ambitious are you? I think post #41 says all you need to know about the combo to use with D-jet.

Jim

They are both a challenge to adjust to "tune" but it can be done. In a way since they are the only way to set the AFR easier then a Modern EFI with nearly infinite options.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.