Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Hey guys, I was looking at some wheels from american eagle for my 914. Has anyone ran these wheels? They look like they would fit. I just have the standard 4x130 bolt pattern. These look pretty nice and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Also cant really find any prices, has anyone bought these? Heres the link

http://aewheel.com/wheels.cfm?id=5

Click to view attachment

Thanks guys

matt

Andyrew
Make sure they are 914 offset not VW offset... Do a search for offset.. I havent touched stock wheels in so long I forgot what it is..
matteyp
hmmm well i just dont know enough about changing everything to go with anything else. 5 bolt or different offsets or what will fit and what wont. Any info anyone can give is appreciated. thanks
johannes
Those are heavy, they will barely fit because they have VW offset and your choice of rubber will be more than limited.
bandjoey
Had a set and they wouldn't fit without rolling out the finders. Good looking wheels and I see them on 914 pictutes. Body work required.
jsaum
AA has these rims listed in their catalog page 75 set of four for $439.94 #B710-5530 call them and ask about the 914 offset.

Jsaum
racerbvd
Pick up a Hot WVs magazine, lots of ads for them in there, much better prices too, just make sure & order the 914 offset..
carr914
Pass - wait on a pair of 4-lug Fuchs or go 5-lug
racerbvd
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 15 2010, 04:28 PM) *

Speaking of 4 lug Fuchs, did you sell your's?? beer.gif
geniusanthony
this may help understand offset some
geniusanthony
6 x 16 dimensions fit no problem all the way around, a 7 x 16 will fit in the rear with rolling of the lip but its tight, real tight. Depends on camber setting and ride height and variables such as that. If you don't wanna mess with metalwork than the 6 x 16 size is an easy option.
damesandhotrods
Coming from the VW world, the right off set for those American Eagle wheels hasn’t been made for decades. If you find an old set of EMPI’s you’ll be fighting Karmann Ghia and Type 3 owners over them. Those wheels are intended for Beetles. I’ve seen a couple of 914’s with them, but stock height and very tight fitting. Hot VW’s ads are full of them, and The Samba.com is a good source for used.
dlkawashima
Bug houses like cip1 or kustom1warehouse carry that wheel. JC Whitney also carries it .... in their classic VW section.
nsr-jamie
One of my friend has those wheels on his 914 in gold with the polished lip, not sure of the offset, he runs 185/60 tires on them but they fit fine on the back, anything more than that might be risky. They are nice looking wheels though...they looked good on my friends car which was black.
carr914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Nov 15 2010, 10:49 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 15 2010, 04:28 PM) *

Speaking of 4 lug Fuchs, did you sell your's?? beer.gif

Yes, I'm shipping them today
swl
Cips has a new supplier for empi style wheels. http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...32%2DLIT413%2DC

It is early and thee caffiene hasn't kicked in so see if this logic is correct. They are 4" backspace 101.6mm. Using tony's diagram that says the wheel will stick out 10 mm farther than stock. So if a stock wheel will support a 205 tire the max for 4" backspace would be a 195. Sound right?
dlkawashima
QUOTE(swl @ Nov 16 2010, 04:58 AM) *

Cips has a new supplier for empi style wheels. http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...32%2DLIT413%2DC

It is early and thee caffiene hasn't kicked in so see if this logic is correct. They are 4" backspace 101.6mm. Using tony's diagram that says the wheel will stick out 10 mm farther than stock. So if a stock wheel will support a 205 tire the max for 4" backspace would be a 195. Sound right?

Those are the Fuchs 2.0 clones. At kustom1warehouse, those wheels are listed as having a backspacing of 4-9/16".
Drums66
QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 15 2010, 02:05 AM) *

Those are heavy, they will barely fit because they have VW offset and your choice of rubber will be more than limited.

...Yes they are heavy...... poke.gif
BTW...put a v-8 in there to spin them! stirthepot.gif
bye1.gif (maybe mini-lites)
swl
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Nov 16 2010, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(swl @ Nov 16 2010, 04:58 AM) *

Those are the Fuchs 2.0 clones. At kustom1warehouse, those wheels are listed as having a backspacing of 4-9/16".

Yep - I guess it was too early to be at the keyboard. Here are the empi's. Still listed at 4".
http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=32-E28

No listing on the weight though.

SGB
QUOTE(damesandhotrods @ Nov 16 2010, 12:29 AM) *

Coming from the VW world...

Yeah, me too, but more importantly
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR AVATAR!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.