Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, you won't beleive this but the dog was wrong!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 23 2010, 09:41 PM) *

Car should be here tomorrow if the weather doesn't get them. If it does it will be Thursday. We will see. beerchug.gif

Good luck!

FBI - Santa Maria
600 East Plaza Drive
Santa Maria, CA 93455
Phone: (805) 346-2728
tomeric914
QUOTE(forcefed @ Nov 23 2010, 12:34 PM) *

ummmm. FBI dogs are not trained for drugs. there are trained for suspect retention, and explosives.

So the dog did you a favor by finding a fuel leak (explosives) and the FBI did you a favor by having the engine and transmission removed so you could repair the fuel leak!

w00t.gif
hwgunner
Well I got the car today. Mark was there and can chime in if he likes. It is rough like I thought but has some damage that I am real concerned about. First, both rear fenders, just ahead of the tires was bent inward because they used straps to lift the car. Neither side was bent before the car was torn apart. Another problem is they bent the crossmember where the rear lid latches. This is bent to the point that the lid will not close. It did close before it was torn apart. The whole interior is trashed and they did cut the front seats with a knife. I am not sure if these would have been recoverable before but they sure are not now. The stuffing is trewn all over. The door cards were also destroyed. They did need to be recoverd but they were in one piece and are now broken. Same for the cards that go below the rear side windows. Could have been recovered but not now. One of the really bad parts was that they stuck screw drivers or something sharp throught some small holes in the longs and destroyed the heater system. This will be a major problem if the car is to ever have heat again. Many Many other problems, dent in front fender, on roof, tail light housings broken and so forth but I just do not feel like getting into it now. I am making a list and will see what the agent says on Monday. The trucker said he saw the bill for the shop that took everything apart and it was $5000. Not sure what will happen but will let you all know as I hear things.
hwgunner
At least the car knows it is home!
bandjoey
Let then know you're calling the Bill Orilley or Glenn Beck show if they don't get this right. Government gone wild. av-943.gif Do it if they don't.
Lou W
Wow, this is amazing...... sad.gif
geniusanthony
The damage that they did was amazing, in a bad way of course. I wonder who the genius is who decided that 30+ year old seats and door cards looked as though they had been tampered with, had they been new or redone it would seem most out of place. Really too bad to hear about this for you. If this was done at a body shop, they should have known better.
John
Wow that sucks. Did you get a box of fasteners like those nuts from the engine mount? Did you get the covers for the chain housings and the fasteners from those? What else did they take apart and not put back together?

Too bad they f'ed up the tub.

I believe you should get your money back (what you paid for the car and transportation costs). It sounds (from your description) that the car is now completely trash. Sorry to hear that.

My opinion to you is to try to get receipts (some paper documentation) and turn it in as a loss. I have a hard time believing you will ever see a dime. I just hope that I'm wrong.

On a lighter note, did they look in the "smugglers box"?
Drums66
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 27 2010, 12:44 PM) *

At least the car knows it is home!

.....Always marks it's(Porsche) turf biggrin.gif
underthetire
Sorry, guess I was wrong in my earlier post. barf.gif
914 shifter
you sure it wasn't the PBI? porsche bureau of investigation sheeplove.gif
palmer_md
That is very disturbing. Sorry for your loss. I do hope that you get compensated for it.
flipb
icon_bump.gif

Just curious, is the gub'mint gonna make you whole?

underthetire
QUOTE(flipb @ Jan 4 2011, 08:05 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

YA right. They promised us a 3% raise, the highest since i've been here. That was on a thursday. Show up to work on monday, and guess what, pay freeze for 3 years!, no raise. WTF. And before anyone says anything, I can make almost double what i do here on the outside.
realred914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 4 2011, 10:18 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

YA right. They promised us a 3% raise, the highest since i've been here. That was on a thursday. Show up to work on monday, and guess what, pay freeze for 3 years!, no raise. WTF. And before anyone says anything, I can make almost double what i do here on the outside.

Near all government workers need a huge pay cut , just like much of the private sector has had to endure. nation is broke, folks unemployeed, yet the government keeps growing. bastards!!!
government pensions should be outlawed, pay the workers there full salery every month, let each worker decide how to save for retirement on there own, dont pass off pension plans on future generations to pay, it is crooked as hell. why should the future taxpayers be on the hook for this government worker ponzi scheme????
BuddyV
Dog Translation:
[i]
"Really... the motor is in the BACK! I know it's not the optimal design, but Porsche STILL builds some cars like this!"

Just a little joke to lighten the mood.... good luck respolving your issue.
flipb
QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 4 2011, 01:24 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Near all government workers need a huge pay cut , just like much of the private sector has had to endure. nation is broke, folks unemployeed, yet the government keeps growing. bastards!!!
government pensions should be outlawed, pay the workers there full salery every month, let each worker decide how to save for retirement on there own, dont pass off pension plans on future generations to pay, it is crooked as hell. why should the future taxpayers be on the hook for this government worker ponzi scheme????

Oh. Em. Gee.

Take it to the Sandbox and get your own thread locked. I bumped this because I was genuinely interested/concerned about the plight of a fellow 914world member who had a car he owned get badly damaged before he even took delivery, and I'm interested to hear how things are turning out.

I was not looking for speculation on what the government will do from people who obviously feel a need to share their political opinions at every opportunity.
SGB
QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 4 2011, 12:24 PM) *

As a Government worker, I gotta say

"Huge pay cut" sounds good, but is a broad wash. I work hard for my pay, but the work is all bureacracy and BS. Huge pay cut for elected officials? Hell yes. There should be no pay, just expenses. Like any of those folks are hurtin for money or future employment. Ha.

Government spending- There is just a huge disconnect between "make sure and spend it right" and "get value out of government spending".
For every foot of forward progress my projects make, I gotta go ten feet in reporting, justifying, verifying, providing 3rd party oversight, auditing, reviewing, etc etc using convoluted and ineffecient (and HUGE) legacy database and accounting systems. Everything works on the presumption that the Govt employee is trying to rip off the system (gee, why would Congress think that way, unless they...), so I have layers and layers of second-guessing my every move. I think all the backtracking and the auditors cost more than suffering the occaisional genuine crook.

Regarding retirement- I pay into a 401K-like defered tax retirement account. No freebies. "Government Pensions" like you mean are for elected "governemnt employees."

Itsa mess. Maybe the many systems can be "fixed". A total re-do is gonna create chaos and anarchy. The fixes are going to need to be pretty substantial though.

OH, and I already have a pay freeze.

OOps. Thought I was in the sandbox. Andy or whoever, maybe this needs to move.
RJMII
Oh. Em. Gee.

Take it to the Sandbox and get your own thread locked. I bumped this because I was genuinely interested/concerned about the plight of a fellow 914world member who had a car he owned get badly damaged before he even took delivery, and I'm interested to hear how things are turning out.

agree.gif

I'd like to know how Johnathan's predicament turned out.
realred914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 4 2011, 11:30 AM) *

Oh. Em. Gee.

agree.gif

I'd like to know how Johnathan's predicament turned out.

agree.gif
me two?????? what up???????????? howd it pan out???????????????????
underthetire
QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 4 2011, 10:24 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Hey dumbass... Government workers no longer get pensions in most sectors. We are a straight 401K like everyone else. We get "fair" compensation for market, just not usually the market we live in. Hell yes I would make great money if I lived in Arkansas, but I don't, I live in the bay area. The only Government that get those nice retirement packages are the ones we elect. You should really know what the FUCK you are talking about before you respond.
oldschool
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 4 2011, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 4 2011, 10:24 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

Hey dumbass... Government workers no longer get pensions in most sectors. We are a straight 401K like everyone else. We get "fair" compensation for market, just not usually the market we live in. Hell yes I would make great money if I lived in Arkansas, but I don't, I live in the bay area. The only Government that get those nice retirement packages are the ones we elect. You should really know what the FUCK you are talking about before you respond.

w00t.gif wub.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 4 2011, 02:25 PM) *

w00t.gif wub.gif

I know, i'm waiting for my time out from Andy now. Didn't get but 2 hours sleep last night. A little punchy.
hwgunner

icon_bump.gif

Well, I do not think i am going to be made whole on this one. Still too soon to really say but the way the system works it looks like they want to know the difference between what the car was worth before the damage and what the car is worth now. I have to get several professional estimates of the value of the car before it was damaged and some estimates of the value of the car now and then they will make an offer. I can always fight them if I do not like the offer but it will be expensive and I will have to weigh the costs and benefits. Part of the trouble with getting the estimates is that the people who give them and under penalty of "fraud" (can't remember the exact word but the government will put them in jail and fine them if they feel they are being lied to) and have to sign a government form saying that they know the consequences. Right now I have 2 people that I am going to ask to look at the car and give me their idea of before and after value and going to hope that they will agree to signing the govt form but i really need to get at least one other person that i do not know to give me their input. I do not want the govt coming back and saying that the numbers are bad because they are people I know. If anyone reading this wants to contribute please PM me. Also, if anyone sees a "sale" of a 73 911T in rough shape and the price can be documented I would like to know about it. I already have 2 from Ebay.

I MUST also say this about the car. drooley.gif Even after everything that has happened with this car, I still get WOOD w00t.gif every time i walk into the shop and see it. Short of the car being crushed by an M1 Bradley ar15.gif or a D7, my enthusiasm will never waiver. smilie_pokal.gif I LOVE THIS CAR. pray.gif Even got it a new motor and trans already along with complete custom suspension. aktion035.gif
flipb
That's rough. The cost to repair all the damage will be significantly greater than the difference in the car's value.

Can you claim that your initial plans were to part it out? If so, it would be easier to tally the damage to individual parts and the harm done to their value, piece-by-piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.