Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, you won't beleive this but the dog was wrong!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
hwgunner
So I am not sure where to start but I need to get this on papaer just so i have a record of it. I bought a 73 911T non sunroof car from 914 LTD. Brad was great and sent a bunch of pictures of the ratty old beast and i was hooked from the very first moment. I definitely could see the beauty within. Well, I looked all over for a transport company and called a couple guys that I had used in the past and got refered to Kity and her boyfriend. Very nice people and we struck up a deal. They were quick and the car got picked up today from the Body shop down the road from Brads shop. I called the body shop to make sure things were good and they said the car was pretty rough but was on the truck and down the road. Shortly after that i get a call from Kity confirming that the car was going to be here on Tuesday and that everything was going smooth. Now comes the good part. I am sitting here at about 5:10pm Cali time and I get another call from Kity. "Jonathan, this is Kity and i have some bad news". I imediately start laughing. I just knew it couldn't last. You see, I have had some pretty good luck for the last week, Mark got free lunches all week and can vouch, and knew it had to end somewhere. Kity says "We stopped at a truck stop just outside of Chicago and when we were walking back to the truck, several men approached us. The first one pulled out his badge and said he was with the FBI. He said he wanted to search the vehicles we were hauling and our truck." By this time I am rolling on the floor laughing my ass off from the fear that my dream car was no more. Kity went on to say that before they even got all the way to the truck she realized that there were about 6 vehicles surrounding the truck and about 15 undercover guys standing around. Next thing she knows there is a narco dog running around the car. What does the dog do? He sits down at the tail end of my 911 and pats his paw. DRUGS!!!!!!!!! At this point the FBI guys start swarming the car. They are inside, outside and under the car trying to figure out how to get the (rear) trunk open. Couldn't do it!!!!!!!!. So they keep sending the dog around the car and he keeps sitting down at the back of the car and pawing the ground. Kity says the dog did this about 10 times while the car was on the trailer. Finally the FBI tells Kity and her man that they have to follow them to an autobody shop so they can get the car off the trailer and search it better. Now, Kity sounds to me like she might be Puerto Rican (I had a PR girlfriend once) and from our initial negotiations i knew she was not going to take any crap from anyone. so at this point she takes out her cellphone and starts trying to take a few pictures. Phone confiscated!!! Kity then asks if she is going to get a receipt and or a case number and the guy tells her that she will. So Kity and her Boy friend head over the the bodyshop. At the body shop they are led into the waiting room as the 911 is being taken off the trailer. At some point Kity notices that they are getting a fork lift out to move the car around and lift up the back of the car. She tells me she sorta got mouthy and told one of the guys that she better get a receipt for all the damage they are doing and the guy says to her "Don't get cocky and go sit down". Now, mind you, this is all taking place over about a 4 hour time period. So the guys finally get the (rear) trunk open and find the motor. OK, so the dog goes around the cars a few more times and keeps allerting to the rear end of my car. By this time Kity decides that it is time to shut up, sorta, because it is pretty obvious that they are pissed off that is it is taking so long to find the DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do they do next?? Take out the motor and trans!!!! Inspect the motor and trans!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! OK it appears that the last place they decided to look was INSIDE the tires, SLASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing. So now kitty notices that the number of guys standing around is getting fewer and fewer so she goes back out and asks if they found anything to which the guy said no. At this point, tires slashed, motor and trans out of the car she goes over to one of the shop guys and says somthing about putting everything back together and back on the truck. The shop guy looks at the head FBI guy and says "If I were an ASS i would make you do it yourself". He then started with his couple other guys to put things back together. so now my car is back on the truck and Kity goes up to the very pissed off FBI guy and demands a case report. He gives here a piece of paper with his name and a phone number and says that is all she is getting. Kity, not backing down again, says what about the damage you have done to my customers car and the tires and everything else to which, according to Kity, the FBI guy responded "tell your customer his car was a piece of shit to start with"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At this point Kity looks at the guy and just says "Sir, I hope you had a wonderful day" turns and walks away.

well is this true you might ask?? Kity gave me the number that the FBI guy gave her and sure enough it was the Chicago FBI headquarters. I can tell you from personal experience, I called, that the after hours phone system they have is a bit hard to navigate. kity is going to give me the numbers for the body shop and the tow company that were on hand tomorrow and I will be calling them on Monday.

Is everything Kity said true? I don't know. I tried to be as accurate as i could and I know that i paraphrased a bit but that is the story as i know it.

Last but not least....... The dog was wrong! smoke.gif
Eric_Shea
(check the muffler... Brad always hides his stash in the muffler)
jonferns
What lead them to your car in the first place?
EdwardBlume
30 years ago there was an FBI office in Santa Maria. PM me and I can tell you where it is..
Rotary'14
wow!,, I hope they fix your car for free. Even though uncle Sam doesn't seem to have enough $$,, No one should be screwed over like that.
ELLIOTT
wow , good luck
patssle
What a joke.
ConeDodger
I wonder if the car had ever been a seized and auctioned car? Dog could have alerted on a very old scent...

My dog Chloe is a retired Search and Rescue dog and even at the ripe old 'can hardly get up from a lying position' age of 15, she can still find anything I task her with. Pretty much the only word she gets excited about these days is "find."
PeeGreen 914
Wow sad.gif I hope your car gets fixed without much hassle.
914werke
Wow sad.gif great story anyway.
Remember the Tijuana warehouse scene in "Up in Smoke"? smoke.gif
Perhaps there was some creative body work done confused24.gif
lol-2.gif

Good Luck Johnathan.
PThompson509
Wow. Just wow. If you haven't called your lawyer, yesterday was a good time to do so. You need to get reimbursed for ALL damage done by the FBI, and for lost time and materials. Plus a public apology.

This sort of behavior for a public employee is not acceptable.

headbang.gif
carr914
Well, sounds like us Taxpayers will be paying for Complete Restoration on a 911T - at least this bailout is worth it biggrin.gif

Good Luck Jonathan
Bleyseng
I kinda thought that "kind of behavior" went with the territory
FBI=ASSHOLE

Good luck!
Cheapsnake
Give some A$$hole a badge and they think they're God. Go get em!!!

Tom
rick 918-S
The dog could have picked up on the scent but no drugs present. If the car was sitting in the back corner of a bodyshop it could be where the employees gathered to smoke pot. I had a 54 VW beetle in the back corner of my shop for awhile. I was in my office and smelled pot coming from the shop one day. I went to explore where the smell was coming from. I found 3 of my employees sitting the beetle with the smoke rolling out one of the windows. WTF.gif They got the day off. I didn't need a fuch'd up employee slicing open a hand or putting out an eye while working stoned in my shop. I'm sure they did it all the time but once I witnessed it I could not condone the behavior. Anywho... The dog could have been right.
914Sixer
The sad part of this story is what the FBI did is completely LEGAL. Things must have been really SLOW for them to go at the car the way they did. I agree that they should have to pay 100 % for the repairs but I do not see that happening!!
76-914
QUOTE(PThompson509 @ Nov 20 2010, 12:17 AM) *

Wow. Just wow. If you haven't called your lawyer, yesterday was a good time to do so. You need to get reimbursed for ALL damage done by the FBI, and for lost time and materials. Plus a public apology.

headbang.gif

He has a better chance of seeing God. I've had my car partially disassembled by Border Patrol agents, then told that I was free to go. Then the FCS's wouldn't loan me any tools to put it back together! In 1971, the cops raided my house looking for pot. We had been tipped off that they were coming 2 days before so naturally the house was clean. It did not matter as I found out. The cops were prepared. They brought their own weed. There are only 2 things they can get you for. Whether you did or did not do it. lol-2.gif Did I ever tell you about the time I got thrown in jail for questioning a cops lineage? Good luck! PS, never, never, never let the cops take you via the stairs lest the elevator. Ask me how I know. happy11.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(PThompson509 @ Nov 20 2010, 03:17 AM) *

headbang.gif

agree.gif Time to lawyer up.
SLITS
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Nov 20 2010, 05:15 AM) *

Give some A$$hole a badge and they think they're God. Go get em!!!

Tom

And if they weren't one to begin with, they turn into one. I am so popular with my local PD for questioning their intelligence and heritage (in a nice manner).

I have often wondered how they pass the psychological exam.

They get really upset when you call them "Bonehead stupid". They also rough you up and then say it was your fault as you "tried to walk away".

It's a long story where the son of the owner (my nephew), a wanna be cop that was tossed out for being a psychological basket case, decided he knew everything. We had a letter, in house, for three days when he decided the powder on the envelope was anthrax and called the PD. They rolled 10 cruisers, the Fire Dept HazMat Team, the Bomb squad and a mobile laboratory.

When I tried to explain that all of us would have been dead if it were anthrax due to the 3 days, one cop got all excited an told me to shut up ... our 100 employees were laughing their guts out as I harrassed them over being "bonehead stupid". So the one cop roughed me a bit, handcuffed me and threw me in the back of a cruiser so I wouldn't encite a riot. About 2 hours later, his supervisor came over to free me and "talk to me". I, of course, reiterated that they were "bonehead stupid" to listen to a shithead that didn't know shit and couldn't find his ass with both hands in broad daylight.

The letter (one of many over a year's period) was sent by a girl in Tijuana who one of our employees jilted. She had sent panties, dirty mags and other assorted articles previously. The cops tried to convince me that this lady, who couldn't rub two nickels together, had paired up with terrorists who gave her the anthrax to send. I told them there hadn't been a anthrax incident for over 3 years and it was highly doubtful that this woman had terrorist or gang banger ties.

Oh well, being an asshole is sometimes rewarding. evilgrin.gif Like I told the supervisor, "It was kind of you to give me a place to sit down while everyone else stood in the parking lot for a couple of hours".

Hey Jonathan, if you find the shit send it to me ... I've got a pretty good idea of what to do with it. smoke.gif

Oh, the powder was facial powder and I have video of the "incident".
draganc
No f-ing way, what a bunch of a-holes!!

Take'em to court and publish your story in the loca paper....
realred914
shot the damn dog, fucked up cops and all.

thats why they call them PIGS they left a mess. I hate fucking feds. gawd damn useless pricks.
914ltd
Dam, ADHD at it's worst, I've been looking for that bag for a week!
underthetire
I've only met 2 FBI agents, and both were very pleasant. Neither were field agents though. You sure they were looking for drugs, not blowup.gif ? Seems pretty extreme for the FBI to be looking for drugs.

Hope you get a big check out of them, but even if you do the car will be done, and 2012 will be long over.
realred914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 20 2010, 09:00 AM) *

I've only met 2 FBI agents, and both were very pleasant. Neither were field agents though. You sure they were looking for drugs, not blowup.gif ? Seems pretty extreme for the FBI to be looking for drugs.

Hope you get a big check out of them, but even if you do the car will be done, and 2012 will be long over.

and if they found a bomb, would the out come be any different???? one trashed Porsche!

Now if the car had been used as an embassy bombing get away car, and they captured the driver as an illegal Somoli combatant, the driver would have been read his rights, and the car not touched until all due process and Constituional protections have been used. A search warrent approved by no less than 8 Supreme Court justices would be required before the search of the car could take place.

Additionally becuase dogs are considered unclean to the somoli driver/detainee, and we do not wish to insult the detainee, nor his cultural preferances, a special U.N. detachment of bomb sniffing politically correct Striped Lowlands Antelope would be airlifted in from Fiji to search the car.

Additionaly the Non-US citizen, illegal combatant, somoli driver would have been given a fat gift check for pelican parts for his trouble, and the car carefully washed, waxed, detailed, air replaced in the tires, and the car returned in better conditon than when siezed.

But since you only a tax paying US civilian, on US soil, they hose you over, sucker!!!!

PS see if you can personnally sue the Dog handler for this screw up, that damn mutt and his handler should never be allowed to work again as a search team member, ever!!! they need to fire the mutt and fire the pig involved in this travisty
hwgunner
Here is the funny part, a picture of the car!

KELTY360
Hey realred, nice to see you finally found your spell checker. poke.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(realred914 @ Nov 20 2010, 09:28 AM) *

and if they found a bomb, would the out come be any different???? one trashed Porsche!

Now if the car had been used as an embassy bombing get away car, and they captured the driver as an illegal Somoli combatant, the driver would have been read his rights, and the car not touched until all due process and Constituional protections have been used. A search warrent approved by no less than 8 Supreme Court justices would be required before the search of the car could take place.

Additionally becuase dogs are considered unclean to the somoli driver/detainee, and we do not wish to insult the detainee, nor his cultural preferances, a special U.N. detachment of bomb sniffing politically correct Striped Lowlands Antelope would be airlifted in from Fiji to search the car.

Additionaly the Non-US citizen, illegal combatant, somoli driver would have been given a fat gift check for pelican parts for his trouble, and the car carefully washed, waxed, detailed, air replaced in the tires, and the car returned in better conditon than when siezed.

But since you only a tax paying US civilian, on US soil, they hose you over, sucker!!!!

PS see if you can personnally sue the Dog handler for this screw up, that damn mutt and his handler should never be allowed to work again as a search team member, ever!!! they need to fire the mutt and fire the pig involved in this travisty

Looks like one trashed Porsche already biggrin.gif

No, the outcome would not change. And you are turning this to a political thread again! The main difference it would fall under the Homeland security rules. It would be the DEA that would be searching for drugs. The FBI wouldn't get involved unless there was a credible threat. What if they did find explosives? Then this thread would read, good job doggy, just saved a bunch of lives. From the pics, I doubt they did any additional damage that wasn't needing to be repaired.
hwgunner
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 20 2010, 09:50 AM) *

No, the outcome would not change. And you are turning this to a political thread again! The main difference it would fall under the Homeland security rules. It would be the DEA that would be searching for drugs. The FBI wouldn't get involved unless there was a credible threat. What if they did find explosives? Then this thread would read, good job doggy, just saved a bunch of lives. From the pics, I doubt they did any additional damage that wasn't needing to be repaired.

Finger to nose.... Finger to nose.... Remember i am telling the story as it was told to me by Kity.
scotty b

I think the point is the FBI handled this like the proverbial jack booted thugs and then refused to re-do what they un-did. Much like most of our gubment for the last 100+ years dry.gif Remember kids, your ALWAYS guilty until proven innocent....then your just another stupid citizen

And yes, I do realize what these guys deal with every day. I have a couple friends that are city and state troopers, I hear the stories. But it still doesn't excuse the way they treat everyone like a criminal right off the bat.
hwgunner
From the pics, I doubt they did any additional damage that wasn't needing to be repaired.

except for slashing the tires!
hwgunner
And who said they are not going to take care of the damage they did?? I have not even talked to them yet. that said, I do know I have the right phone number. beerchug.gif
underthetire
I agree that sucks, but would you have driven on them anyways? I'm not sticking up for what they did, but we also need to understand the reasons.
hwgunner
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 20 2010, 10:04 AM) *

I agree that sucks, but would you have driven on them anyways? I'm not sticking up for what they did, but we also need to understand the reasons.

No, no, I never would have driven on them and i would not expect new tires. Just tires that hold air. You know how hard it is to push a car around with flat tire. Truth be told I agree with you most out just about every other post.
Drums66

....Yes exactly I would like to hear there side! idea.gif
bs.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif bye1.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Nov 20 2010, 10:14 AM) *

....Yes exactly I would like to hear there side! idea.gif
bs.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif bye1.gif

I do not need to hear the other side!!!!!!!! Fact is the dog alerted on my car!! Fact is these dogs and handlers are typically expertly trained and i see no reason to think otherwise of this dog and handler!! Fact is dogs can make mistakes!!! Fact is the dog might be too good at what it does and may have allerted because someone who had used drugs touch the back of the car hours earlier when it was pushed onto the truck!! Was the "FBI" guy rude and nasty, fact is, he probably was!! Is it his job to put the car back together, fact is NO, that is what the body shop gets paid to do. we will see how well they did when it gets here. will I get reimbursed for any damages, fact is I have no idea because i have not talked to them yet. Could they have done much damage in the first place, fact is no, not much. do I want new tires, no just ones that hold air because you all know how hard it is to push a car around with just one flat tire. So, lets not pass judgement just yet.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(realred914 @ Nov 20 2010, 08:29 AM) *

thats why they call them PIGS they left a mess. I hate fucking feds. gawd damn useless pricks.

Articulate as ever. lol-2.gif
realred914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 20 2010, 11:28 AM) *

straight to the point that is a raw deal, i have heard of cops trashing places and not cleaning up there mess. now cars. not rights to the common man.
luck the dog did not home in on your ass. they would have stuck the TSA on you, dont touch my junk bro!!!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914ltd @ Nov 20 2010, 08:49 AM) *

Dam, ADHD at it's worst, I've been looking for that bag for a week!

Brad! That's hysterical! av-943.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 20 2010, 11:28 AM) *

Elyut, I get the best laughs by reading what Dave writes and trying to keep a straight face... lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Dave are you actually old enough to know why they call them Pigs?
hwgunner
So i talked to the owner of the shop where the car was taken apart and he told me the head guy said i woul dget reimbursed for any damages. Now all I need to do is wait for the car to show up.
moparrob
I've got some news for you. That was NOT the FBI. It was obviously the TSA and your car just had a pre-travel cavity search. laugh.gif lol-2.gif

"It's not a grope, it's a freedom pat."

If they did their job any better they would have to buy me dinner first....
Lou W
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Nov 22 2010, 09:49 AM) *

So i talked to the owner of the shop where the car was taken apart and he told me the head guy said i woul dget reimbursed for any damages. Now all I need to do is wait for the car to show up.

Reill gluad too here that htey aer gona mak gud.

happy11.gif

Ey nede speil chek
carr914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 20 2010, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Nov 20 2010, 05:15 AM) *

I am so popular with my local PD for questioning their intelligence and heritage (in a nice manner).

No Fuchin Way ! I find that very hard to believe laugh.gif
forcefed
ummmm. FBI dogs are not trained for drugs. there are trained for suspect retention, and explosives.
Ferg
QUOTE(forcefed @ Nov 23 2010, 10:34 AM) *

ummmm. FBI dogs are not trained for drugs. there are trained for suspect retention, and explosives.

Exactly what I was thinking
jim_hoyland
Glad to hear everything is going to work out. Couple of years ago there was an article about contraban being moved around the US is cars that were being delivered on trailers.
Spoke
My sister & brother in law had a car transport business. It was not unusual for the same customer to have their car/truck shipped from Northeast to Southwest every year as summer turns to winter.

One gentleman had his pickup transported several times. On the last occasion, they were met at the pre-arranged dropoff place in King of Prussia by the FBI. The guy had been transporting drugs from Arizona to PA via his truck. This time he got busted.

I imagine that the personal vehicle transporters are targets for DEA officials for this reason.
914-300Hemi
That is an outrages story. hope everything works out.
hwgunner
Car should be here tomorrow if the weather doesn't get them. If it does it will be Thursday. We will see. beerchug.gif
dflesburg
Try this site... but you are getting nothing. Sorry.

http://www.gao.gov/search/?q=%26quot%3BDam...earch_type=Solr

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.