Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redrilled 4 to 5 lug rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie Brown
Hello. I bought a 74 914 roller that needs to be resurrected. It's on 4 lug rotors all the way around. I had a 72 that I had replaced the front end with a 911 suspension and I had purchased rear trailing arms and rebuild calipers from Eric Shea.

I had to sell the car before I was able to get it running.... So I came across this car, but can't afford the 911 front end, so I was wondering if there's a place in LA that might redrill my front rotors if they're within specs? I also need my rear hubs redrilled.

Option 2 would be to find the patterns and redrill myself. I work for a German Auto Repair shop in my town and work with a good machine shop.

I have 15x6 Phonedials, 15x6 Cookies, and 15x7 / 15x8 911 Replicas. I refuse to give the car it's maiden voyage on 4 lug wheels.

Any info or help would be appreciated.

Eddie.
Eric_Shea
Any qualified machine shop... find one close to your house. Find one that is run by car guys.

See my latest thread on the best way to do these. Drill and stud to 5x130

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=111236
Kraftwerk
I feel the same way Edie, wanting the 5 lug etc. How much does the typical 911 sc front end go for these days?
I hear the 1970 -71 are "ready to be drilled" is it true are some years more preferable for drilling? You use an existing hole and just drill four holes right?

NC_Colfax
3.5 spacing fronts are running 500-750 depending on type and condition
3" early stuff is a little cheaper
I have seen a few deals over at Pelican on front ends lately
Eddie Brown
I dont mind drilling out the rotors, but it's figuring out how to index the pattern for my machine shop to do the work. I certainly need to make sure it's perfectly centered.

Eric_Shea
That's what you pay "them" for. wink.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(Eddie Brown @ Nov 28 2010, 02:44 PM) *

I dont mind drilling out the rotors, but it's figuring out how to index the pattern for my machine shop to do the work. I certainly need to make sure it's perfectly centered.

That should be pretty simple. They can zero the mill off of the inner bearing surface (or really anywhere else that is machined, its really personal preference), then bore the 5 holes.
Cap'n Krusty
That's why good machine shops have a vertical mill with an indexing head (table?). Not gonna be cheap, though.

The Cap'n
jd74914
Rotary table...Its even easier with a cnc. No need for the rotary table. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.