Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flasher problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dangrouche
Emergency Flasher problem. Okay grounds and fuse terminals cleaned. PROBLEM: The rear end of the entire car does not light up when the emergency flasher switch is actuated. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS. The left and front signals, stoplights, parking lights, headlight high and low beams all work as it supposed to. Dimmer of dash lights also works. When I put on the "European" light mode i.e., putting the turn signal lever left or right will illluminate the entire left side bulbs of the car or right. Pull the emergency switch and all the front end bulbs flash as they should but the tail end of the car is totally dark. Who suspects the flasher and who suspects the emergency switch? I substituted what I thought what is good flasher, but still the same symptom appears of inoperative rear lights. I have the flasher already on order, but want to check with the collective experience of the board.
McMark
If the flashers on one end of the car are working, then the flasher unit is doing its job. The flasher only interrupts the signal. The switch is the unit that splits it out to the front and the rear. Could be the switch and could be the wiring.
dangrouche
Thanks, I will check into the switch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.