Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to rebuild your transmission DVD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Dr Evil
I have reproduction copies of the critically acclaimed Dr. Evil transmission rebuild DVD. Get this and learn the dark art of 901 gearbox anatomy, physiology and repair. I teach you how to get it done with out needing too many freaky tools. Save money, have fun. I also am available for questions from anyone who purchases this DVD smile.gif

Satisfaction guaranteed! If you are not satisfied, you dont have to pay for it again as once will be enough wink.gif

Price is $35 shipped domestic and $45 international!

Update 5/18/2020:
I finally was able to convert the files from the DVDs to MP4 and upload for digital sales. Check out the link to buy access to files on line!
https://gumroad.com/l/QmTqn
hwgunner
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 6 2010, 01:55 PM) *

I have about 30 copies left of the critically acclaimed Dr. Evil transmission rebuild DVD. Get this and learn the dark art of 901 gearbox anatomy, physiology and repair. I teach you how to get it done with out needing too many freaky tools. Save money, have fun. I also am available for questions from anyone who purchases this DVD smile.gif

Satisfaction guaranteed! If you are not sastified, you dont have to pay for it again as once willbe enough wink.gif

Price is $40 shipped ANYWHERE!

well worth the $$ even if you are not rebuilding your Trans. Great info and great fun. NTM Dr is a Smart Ass. beerchug.gif
Mr.242
Does it come with a 'free hair cut?'

I'm in....PayPal to you?
Dr Evil
PM sent 5-oh.
Tom_T
Send me a PM for one as "future reference", so I can help you pay for those t-shirts! biggrin.gif
arty914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 7 2010, 04:14 PM) *

Send me a PM for one as "future reference", so I can help you pay for those t-shirts! :D

Hey Dr. Evil,
Where should I send PayPal funds to recieve your video?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(arty914 @ Dec 7 2010, 08:13 PM) *

Send me a PM for one as "future reference", so I can help you pay for those t-shirts! biggrin.gif

Hey Dr. Evil,

I will PM you. I dont like listing email on the web, it generates spam. If you dont receive a PM, then PM me and I will get it to you. I should have listed here earlier, they are selling pretty quick.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 7 2010, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(arty914 @ Dec 7 2010, 08:13 PM) *

Hey Dr. Evil,

I will PM you. I dont like listing email on the web, it generates spam. If you dont receive a PM, then PM me and I will get it to you. I should have listed here earlier, they are selling pretty quick.

PayPal sent. smile.gif
Dr Evil
Packed and ready to ship in the AM EST.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 7 2010, 07:02 PM) *

Packed and ready to ship in the AM EST.

Wow, you're fast Doc!
... I don't see why folks say you're "a little slow"!!?? poke.gif lol-2.gif
Dr Evil
I am going to fart in the envelope yours is packed in right before I seal it dry.gif Enjoy thumb3d.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 7 2010, 07:15 PM) *

I am going to fart in the envelope yours is packed in right before I seal it dry.gif Enjoy thumb3d.gif

av-943.gif

I haven't had a good Pittsburgher Fart in years! icon8.gif
... It'll smell like home! laugh.gif
...... and when I grew up there in the 50's-60's, that was the sulfuric smell of the coal coke fired Bessemers at the steel mills! barf.gif

I don't need a rebuild now, but want to learn more about the inner workings! blink.gif

Thanx Mike!
cary
I'm in. PM the PayPal connection.
Markl
I'll take one - PM me
oldschool
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 6 2010, 06:22 PM) *

PM sent 5-oh.

Doc..I got to say, you have very cool looking swag aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
tango-52
PayPal sent.
cary
PayPal sent.
Dr Evil
All that have been paid for thus far have shipped less one to Sunnyvale going out tomorrow smile.gif
Evil914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 14 2010, 06:07 PM) *

All that have been paid for thus far have shipped less one to Sunnyvale going out tomorrow smile.gif

Do you need any special tools to rebuild your own trans??? confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Yes. You need a synchro hub puller, and an alignment jig. Less than $200 for both. There are other tools that help, but those are necessary. I will soon be marketing some helpful tools smile.gif
my928s4
I am in, let me know where to send money.
droverknutts
How and where do I send the money?
Dr Evil
Paypal is the best. My paypal addy is the following without the spaces:

make my 914 go @yahoo.com

I look forward to sending one to Fairbanks, AK!
Porschetoyz
Paypal sent for 1 dvd. Thanks.
914zero
Hello
Can you shipped in France or better solution if possible, give me a link to download the video ?
smile.gif
Dr Evil
Yes, shipping to France is the same cost. It will be US zone DVD code, though so make sure you can play that. I have shipped to UK, and AUS with no issue.
914zero
Thank's, I send you the money by paypal.
No problem with the US zone DVD, I already modified that for my young American cousin when he came in holliday in France with his US DVD.

Regard's
Jean Marc
Porschetoyz
Doc,

Did you receive my paypal payment?
Dr Evil
Where was it going to? When did you pay? I shipped 3 out this week: NY, NM, and France.
914werke
I also am available for questions from anyone who purchases this DVD smile.gif

Do you want to field questions posted on the forum or via PM?
Dr Evil
Yes
914werke
Ok!

Which are the preferred locking ring ? The early tabbed version or the later non-tabbed?

Gear ID. Its often mentioned that as a fall back you can count the teeth, where is a chart defining teeth count =A-ZD Gear?
Dr Evil
Use either ring. The non-keyed ones are early, but not inferior.

Here is a gear chart made by A. Cox. It is almost correct (ZD flip is in wrong spot). I am making another one that is simpler to read and includes everything.

This chart is also in my 31 pages link.
mepstein
What about a flipped H ?
Dr Evil
The new chart will have all the flipped gears as well. H is taller than ZD.
mepstein
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2011, 01:11 PM) *

The new chart will have all the flipped gears as well. H is taller than ZD.

I want to see how fast I'll go at 6,800rpm biggrin.gif
euro911
Mine showed up the other day ... beerchug.gif

Only got through the first disc so far though ...

Critics rave: "Informative idea.gif ... and Phunny" laugh.gif

Thanks Mike
race914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 11 2011, 05:48 AM) *

What about a flipped H ?

The 'regearing' tech article shows the data for a 'flipped H'

Article is here:

http://www.914world.com/specs/regearing_901.php

From the article, download the "914 901 Gear Ratio Workbook". The tab you want is "901 Gear Ratios & RPM-MPH Table"

(if the worksheet tabs don't show up along the bottom of the window, maximize the Excel window and you'll be able to see them)
914outlaw
Hi,

I'll take one if you still have any left?

Thanks,
Dave
Dr Evil
Copies will continue to be available smile.gif
914outlaw
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 22 2011, 02:25 PM) *

Copies will continue to be available smile.gif

Paypal sent for one DVD.

Thanks,
Dave
rallysport70
Paypal sent for one dvd. Thanks in advance.

Brian
SWB68912
Paypal sent for 1 dvd. Thank you.

Dr Evil
Thanks, all DVD orders shipping out today from this week. smile.gif
SWB68912
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 3 2011, 10:37 AM) *

Thanks, all DVD orders shipping out today from this week. smile.gif

Received the DVD order today. Plays just fine on my computer.
I think I'll laugh an awful lot while learning how to do this!
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Dwayne
dadaDaveed
Payment sent for 1 DVD. Thanks,

-DB
Steve
Dearest Mr. Dr. Evil!! I totally enjoyed your video. Is there any plans for a 915 video?
Have you started selling the tools yet? How about that big bar that holds the mainshaft?
Dr Evil
Hey Steve,
good to hear from you. I am glad you enjoyed it smile.gif

As for a 915 vid, not in the near future as I dont have time to do it as well as the 901 vid. The director/editor/producer of the 901 vid is cupomeat (Eric) on this forum and without his help on this project, you would have been staring at a screen that showed a still shot from a video camera on a tri pod. yawn.gif Now that Eric has made me raise the bar, I cant do anything less dry.gif

Eric also lives in North NJ so that is a ways away for me. The 901 vid was shot in one day (for my parts) with a 4hr trip out and back included smile.gif
johnek6
Paypal sent for one DVD.

Thanks,
John
Dr Evil
Thanks for all of the recent boom in sales! This has made it possible for me to give my wife a nice birthday and Christmas wink.gif

These will be available pretty much forever. All orders made before this past Sat about noon have shipped. Orders gotten after that will ship soon. I need to burn more copies.

thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.