Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - 914 Remote Oil Cooler Setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tomeric914
I'm converting to a 6 and don't need this setup anymore.

This is a complete oil cooler setup that places the cooler next to the transmission. All nuts, bolts, brackets, wiring, hoses, adapters, pictures, etc. needed to install are included. Individually, parts were ~$500 not including my time to engineer and install everything. Result was a drop in temperature of at least 20 degrees on the street and 40 degrees at the track.

I will also include a new Baldwin B228 oil filter.

This setup is temperature controlled and enabled when the ignition switch is turned on. Fan turns on at 180 deg F and pulls through the oil cooler.

Asking $250 plus shipping for the complete setup.

Major parts list below:

QTY 2 - Fitting, Hose End, AQP Socketless, Straight, -8 AN Hose Barb to Male 3/8 in. NPT, Brass, Natural, Each - Part Number: AER-FBM1206

QTY 1 - Fitting, Hose End, AQP Socketless, 90 Degree, -8 AN Hose Barb to Female -8 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue, Each - Part Number: AER-FBM1533

QTY 1 - Fitting, Hose End, AQP Socketless, 120 Degree, -8 AN Hose Barb to Female -8 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue, Each - Part Number: AER-FBM1543

QTY 1 - Hose, AQP Socketless, Rubber, Blue, -8 AN, 10 ft. Length, Each - Part Number: AER-FCV0810

QTY 1 - Temperature Controlled Sandwich Adapter, Oil Filter, Sandwich, Aluminum, Natural, 3/4-16 in. Thread, 3/8 in. NPT Inlet/Outlet, Each - Part Number: DER-15702

QTY 1 - Derale Cooling Products Atomic-Cool Remote Fan Mounted Fluid Cooler, Tube-Fin Type, Aluminum, 9.375 in. x 12.75 in. x 4.313 in., -8 AN Inlet, Outlet - Part Number: DER-15950

QTY 1 - Relay, Starter/General Use, 30 Amp, Single Pole, Each - Part Number: VIA-80237

Picture below from when it was first installed. It may not be as clean anymore.

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
What are you using for your 6? I was told by Rich Johnson such a setup can be fine for a street-use 914/6 auxiliary cooler.

I plan on keeping mine, and just selling the sandwich adapter when I sell my complete 2.0/4 setup.
Mine doesn't have that cool thermostatically controlled fan though, where'd you buy it...PM me the details.
tomeric914
The diameter on this cooler setup is not large enough for the oil flow of a 6. What I have is everything someone with a 4 cylinder needs to drop their oil temps.

Look at my ad. All of the part numbers are there. Plug those part numbers into Summit Racing if you would like more details.

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 8 2010, 02:38 PM) *

What are you using for your 6? I was told by Rich Johnson such a setup can be fine for a street-use 914/6 auxiliary cooler.

I plan on keeping mine, and just selling the sandwich adapter when I sell my complete 2.0/4 setup.
Mine doesn't have that cool thermostatically controlled fan though, where'd you buy it...PM me the details.

tomeric914
icon_bump.gif Price is negotiable.
tomeric914
Holiday price reduction, $250 plus shipping
tomeric914
Last chance to get this cooler here. Next step is eVilBay.
rdr
How negotiable is the price? :-)
tomeric914
QUOTE(rdr @ Jan 7 2011, 12:04 PM) *

How negotiable is the price? :-)

Considering that the cooler and adapter are all of $250 and I've done all of the engineering for you... not very. This is pretty much a plug and play setup.
tomeric914
Maybe I wasn't clear. This is EVERYTHING needed from the thermostatically controlled oil filter sandwich adapter all the way to the oil cooler. Wiring, relay, etc. are all done. You just need to bolt it all in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.