Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
schnoerrmeister
My stock clutch seems to slip a little when it's cold on the first run in AX. We typically have courses with lots of 2/3 shifts. After the first run the clutch seems to hook up fine. Should I replace w/stock or a higher performance one?
The car is a very well prepared '74 2.0 AXer ( tones of FTDs and class championships winner) with 22+ events @ 8 runs/event on a 1.2 mile 80 second courses.
Any good suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks, Sigrid beerchug.gif
jjackson
QUOTE(schnoerrmeister @ Dec 18 2010, 08:04 PM) *

My stock clutch seems to slip a little when it's cold on the first run in AX. We typically have courses with lots of 2/3 shifts. After the first run the clutch seems to hook up fine. Should I replace w/stock or a higher performance one?
The car is a very well prepared '74 2.0 AXer ( tones of FTDs and class championships winner) with 22+ events @ 8 runs/event on a 1.2 mile 80 second courses.
Any good suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks, Sigrid beerchug.gif

We ran kennedy clutch and pressure plates on all of our four cylinder ax cars.Good clutch for the money.It was cheeper than the 911 S pressure plates that we ran in the old days.J
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.