Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Wife Whacked the Benz
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Slipped while putting the 3rd seats down for the kiddos...

3rd seat fell on her finger... (hurt like hell I guess)

Got back in the car and started to feel like she was going to pass out...

Pulls off to the side of the road and "does" pass out... ohmy.gif yellowsleep[1].gif

Didn't have time to put the car in park... driving-girl.gif yellowsleep[1].gif

The car crossed 4 lanes of busy 90th South in Salt Lake City, at night, in the rain. Cars were spinning honking and two kids were facing backward in the rear seat in terror. She drives up a driveway apron, missed a mailbox and scraped the front fender basically "off" (aluminum on the E500) and whacked the bumper cover on a concrete block post in someone's front yard.

A trip to the ICU shows no broken bones. Just a broken car. They had someone looking over them tonight. blink.gif

The Holiday fun has just begun... blink.gif
GeorgeRud
God Bless that they're alright! Cars are just metal and can be repaired.
Eric_Shea
Agreed...

She does have a history though mad.gif She's whacked about every car she's ever been in.

914-6 - Drove it up on a curb while leaving the ATM at the bank. Took out the passengers side outer rocker.
ML320 - Drove the passengers door into a pile of wood on the driveway while we were building a deck on the old house. Almost the same accident as the 914-6.
E320 Wagon - Whacked a deer.
E500 Wagon - Whacked a concrete post.

Anyone know where I can get a Uni-Mog cheap? biggrin.gif

(she sure is cute though...) blink.gif slap.gif
Kirmizi
Lucky, lucky, lucky!! Christmas came a bit early... pray.gif
How bout an older Suburban for her now? biggrin.gif
Mike
Lou W
Wow, glad to hear she and the kids are ok, they were very fortunate. blink.gif
speed metal army
The MOG would do some serious damage!lol biggrin.gif
But you can go camping and drive through lakes and stuff... smile.gif
ConeDodger
Wow Eric!
I am glad she and the kids are alright. Too bad, Vanessa loved that car... sad.gif
DanT
Eric,
car can be fixed....glad the family is OK... smile.gif
sixnotfour
Holy Cow , Glad the family is Ok.
A chauffeur is the logical next step. (I believe there may be a 914 limo available)
Mrs. K
Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!

They are sooooo lucky nothing else bad happened!

OMG!!!!

Buy her a tank with a Chauffeur! shades.gif

Merry Christmas! wreath.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
dlo914
She needs an old Volvo. smile.gif
MrHyde
Glad everyone is ok ! the uni-mog comment was funny tho.. Always wanted to shove some Mog axles under my jeep...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Be...taryQ5fVehicles
Gint
Damn! Good thing wagons are cheap and no one got hurt. Tell her I said Hi.
Rleog
Whew! The image of those kids & passed out Mom drifting across four lanes........just bent aluminum.......Merry Christmas.
scotty b
Holy crap, I guess I should be nice to you for a couple days eh ? dry.gif

Glad she's o.k. Alittle head trauma might make it easier to be married to you
JoeSharp
Thank God everyone is O K. I have to agree, she is a QT.
I've got this 75 I H Scoutt II thats has a couple of extra fenders that the fmaily is going to sell....
TJB/914
Eric,

What a scary post, We are all thankful the wife & girls are OK!!! pray.gif

Have a Merry Christmas to you and the family. santa_smiley.gif

Tom & Lynda
EdwardBlume
Glad to hear she and the kids are OK... very scary situation that could have ended badly...

Thanks for the reminder to be careful and wrap up the kids in their car seats correctly every single time...
Cairo94507
That was like hitting the lottery! You are all very lucky indeed. She is likely going to be very stressed over that one.

Definitely put her in a big SUV like the Expedition or something. And....you won't let her drive the six will you?
hot_shoe914
Glad to hear it all ended well. Really scary description you gave. God was looking out for you guys. Maybe now he will call his buddy Santa and have a 76 Vista Cruiser wagon delivered to you in a couple of days.

Merry Christmas,
Shoe

p.s. You'd probably welcome head trauma if ya had to marry Scotty. poke.gif
brant
wow
I'm so glad about how it ended
so glad everyone is ok!

brant
Eric_Shea
Thanks guys... no "real" damage, other than her already spotty reputation with GEICO. The rest is just bolt on stuff. No air-bags etc. She just peeled the fender back like a tin can. The aluminum panels are funny that way... a guy at the scene just grebbed it and bent it back for her. LOL

Counting our blessings.
Eric_Shea
http://bringatrailer.com/2008/09/18/amazin...es-unimog-doka/

I'd feel sorry for the other guy...
r_towle
Crap!!!
That is scary.

We had a vanagon stick shift and a semi circular driveway that crowned at the top about ten feet higher than the road.
Wife forgot something, parked the car with 4 kids in it, no ebrake, and went to get whatever she forgot.
My oldest, 5-6 at the time (houdini with a car seat) somehow kicked the stick into neutral.
Van rolled down the driveway, across the street and hit a telephone pole dead center.
Everyone was fine, but scared the crap out of my wife and I .

I am very happy that your family is fine...
Get her a truck.

Rich
JRust
Woah Scary! So happy to hear they are all okay. My wife has been good about accidents. Although she has blown a couple engines. Yes when the oil light comes on it means STOP the car & turn it off. Yes dear when the temperature gets all the way to the Hot position it is overheating. Smoke coming out from the hood is a good indication the car needs to be TURNED OFF. You do not keep driving up the long hill in 100 degree weather with the a/c still blasting. Somehow I got yelled at for this & it was my fault dry.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 22 2010, 10:01 PM) *

God Bless that they're alright! Cars are just metal and can be repaired.

...Yes indeed.....Glad your family is safe smile.gif
bye1.gif
Elliot Cannon
At first I thought this was going to be a funny story about Benz whacking. Instead of a possible nightmare scenario. Glad everyone is OK. Someone is watching out for your family.
Cheers, Elliot
PanelBilly
My wife (ex) has wrecked so many cars in the last few years. When we were married I used to worry so much about the damn cars and the insurance. Now that my daughter has taken responcibility for her mom, I've learned to see a bigger picture where I just worry about her safety. Nice to hear that you're thinking about her first.

Dr Evil
You have some of the most harrowing close calls. Remember the camping ordeal with the tent full of kids blowing away or some such?
bobhasissues
"Whacked the Benz" I thought I would be reading another story.
Sorry to hear about the accident, and glad everyone is alright.
RickS
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Dec 23 2010, 12:25 AM) *

She needs an old Volvo. smile.gif

You read my mind. Mercedes are safe - which is needed, but old Volvos are safe and disposable. There are several 70s Volvo wagons running around Eugene - of which you could probably buy an entire stable for the price of one Merc. Have her total one - pitch it and start on the next, and don't even bother reporting it to the insurance co.
914itis
i am glad the family is fine.

I found you one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Be...taryQ5fVehicles
balljoint
Don't leave her for Michael. He wrecks cars too.
kerensky
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Dec 22 2010, 10:19 PM) *
How bout an older Suburban for her now?
You should see *my* wife's old Suburban. Talk about shizbeat.

Eric, glad the guardian angels had their big boy boots on for ya! smile.gif
dirk9141973
grouphug.gif Great way to start CHRISTMAS Holiday safe ending amen!!
I tell my wife that they make them by the millions she has taken out her E430, Volvo wagon and not even a scratch. Does that make me or her lucky ??
hasaramat
Sounds like somone was watching out for them, I'm glad everyone is OK. WOW, 90th south is scary when your not passed out and driving in your own lane!! Very lucky.
MoveQik
I'll let Waide know that she is ok!
Ferg
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Dec 24 2010, 07:35 AM) *

I'll let Waide know that she is ok!

laugh.gif

Really glad to hear everyone is ok. Just did a smililar amount of repairs to our Pathfinder last month, but nowhere near as scary of a incident.

Ferg
spare time toys
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 23 2010, 12:14 AM) *

Agreed...

She does have a history though mad.gif She's whacked about every car she's ever been in.

914-6 - Drove it up on a curb while leaving the ATM at the bank. Took out the passengers side outer rocker.
ML320 - Drove the passengers door into a pile of wood on the driveway while we were building a deck on the old house. Almost the same accident as the 914-6.
E320 Wagon - Whacked a deer.
E500 Wagon - Whacked a concrete post.

Anyone know where I can get a Uni-Mog cheap? biggrin.gif

(she sure is cute though...) blink.gif slap.gif

I SEE THE PROBLEM GET A CAR THAT HAS A NAME NOT A NUMBER....
ConeDodger
I'd be glad to go take a better look at the UNIMOG for you E. I have seen it at EuroSunday Events here in Sacramento... The girls would need ladders to get in though! That and your driveway is steep and garage is shallow. Well, you could keep it at my house I suppose... biggrin.gif
davep
Very scary! I'm SO glad that she is okay.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am really glad she and the girls are Ok. It could have easly turned out a

lot differently. But on the lighter side I would expect that some " Eric Shea

Butter " is envolved here somewhere ! Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.