Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8 Hours Later
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I thought I would go out to the shop and do a little work yesterday. I had a set of hubs I picked up that needed cleaning up. I pressed out the studs and old bearing races. Cleaned the studs and did the black oxide treatment to them.I had the hubs in the parts washer to get the gunk off. Cleaned as much as possible, then off to the bead blaster after I taped everything up. From there I took them to the wire wheel and polished them up. Then two coats of baked on high temp caliper clear. I know they will be unseen parts but I know they have been done to my satisfaction. My wife says I an getting OCD in my old age.
detoxcowboy
Sixer (Mark?),

I think your wife is right! But that is why when your selling anything, I am always in line to buy from you.. Those look sweet!! If you really have OCD ( I have been told same.) then it does not matter if anyone can see what you did, as long as you know you did the work to your satisfaction.. Good Job!! Joe
ME733
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 2 2011, 09:15 AM) *

I thought I would go out to the shop and do a little work yesterday. I had a set of hubs I picked up that needed cleaning up. I pressed out the studs and old bearing races. Cleaned the studs and did the black oxide treatment to them.I had the hubs in the parts washer to get the gunk off. Cleaned as much as possible, then off to the bead blaster after I taped everything up. From there I took them to the wire wheel and polished them up. Then two coats of baked on high temp caliper clear. I know they will be unseen parts but I know they have been done to my satisfaction. My wife says I an getting OCD in my old age.

..............You did a great job, they look great. And as you said you have the satisfaction of knowing they have been done right.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 2 2011, 06:15 AM) *

My wife says I an getting OCD in my old age.

Good Job, if you own a Porsche, and don't already have OCD, You will get it!! first.gif
Rleog
Great work, even if it is a little over the top. However, whenever you take a wheel off, you get a little extra satisfaction gazing at those hubs.
dadaDaveed
Hey those look very similar to mine. shades.gif (I got my 5-lug pieces from Mark). Now, let's hide those pretty hubs behind some wheels and make it em' spin!

-DB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.