Full Version: Porsche 911 RSR Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JC2N3G3YWo

Nice three wheeler happy11.gif
JmuRiz
Sooooo hot.
sean_v8_914
neeeds more rear spring. too much squat. 4 wheels grip better than 3. his chassis dynamics suck
TC 914-8
Can't wait for Dieter to translate all's I got was Riverside and Daytona
Otherwise awesome who gives a crap on the chasis dynamics poke.gif
Drums66
....say what?(Chassis dynamic's. could save his fuching life) biggrin.gif
poke.gif idea.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif(very nice ride!!!!!!)
RFoulds
If he is lifting inside tire that easily, he needs:
Stiffer rear springs
less torsion in the front sway bar

I had same issue on 914-6. Car was set up perfect when I ran street tires. Once I had Hoosier track tires, I was lifting inside front tire. The extra grip was allowing the suspension to squat BEFORE grip would end, sending me spinning.

The answer was,
changed rear springs from 180 to 200 lbs, and moved adjustable front drop links down one inch.
Then, with sticky Hoosiers, I was spot on. Flat through every corner with a nice 5-10 degree angle on a slide if I pushed it. But, as the tires wore, I was spinning because now front was too soft. The big improvement came from cockpit adjustable drop links, allowing me to add in stiffer front as the tires went away.

Got the idea from Randy Greff in New Orleans from his very fast 911 RSR.
Randal
Driving at 8 tenths and no helmet. What is this guy thinking? chair.gif

Oh and besides what everyone else has correctly pointed out it looks like the tire combination isn't right, i.e., rears are way to high for front tire set.

See the smoke coming out of the wheel wells in the rear?

IMHO it's lucky he didn't roll the car on the down hill to the left bit.
sean_v8_914
that car is a frickin marsh mellow pretty boy pinky waiving turd. i love the home boy cross arm driving technique. it complements his suspension set up and throttle mash technique well. that video ranks right up htere with cops, jerry springer and stupid pet tricks...but the car looks cool standing still
DanT
looks like the suspension has been that way for a while...
Part of the video shows the hole in the rear flare from tire rub....right thru the sticker on the sponsor sticker...
Car is too soft in rear, in a couple of shots you can see tire smoke off of both rear tires at the same time.
And yes Randal, I was wondering about the helmetless driver too. smile.gif
Also notice he loops it a couple of times, they didn't even bother to edit it out...
johannes
In the comments they say the suspension is not set up correctely (street setup) an the rear tires are not the right size.
smontanaro
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 7 2011, 02:50 PM) *

Can't wait for Dieter to translate...

Google is working on translation on-the-fly during conversation (about the 3:28 point in the video): Joy of Stats.

How cool would that be?

S
draganc
QUOTE(johannes @ Jan 8 2011, 03:05 AM) *

In the comments they say the suspension is not set up correctely (street setup) an the rear tires are not the right size.

agree.gif

the drive commented on it with the remark that this car could/should be used as well for a daily driver. in addition, it's not a real RSR, it's a RS modified to RSR spec.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.