Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 sheet metal questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Question 1 - I have these 2 pieces. Both were supposed to be origional 914-6 sheet metal. They differ slightly, mainly in the center section. The length is the same, just looks different due to camera distortion. Whick one should I use?
mepstein
Question 2- I believe these pieces are not origional 914-6 sheet metal. I think they were made from 914 pieces and made to fit a six. Does anyone have these two pieces they are willing to sell? I'm looking for origional, not repro. Thanks, Mark
jt914-6
My factory six sheet metal from the rear...best pic I have...looks to me the lower sheet metal in your pic is the closest....mine comes apart in two pieces where the bolt is.....

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
The ones in your second post where they are two pieces looks right....and not the first two you posted....
mepstein
I think your getting my questions confused. The first post is for the sheetmental at the back of the engine. I have 2 similar but not the same pieces and I want to know which one to use. 2nd post is a different question. Thanks. Mark
sixnotfour
If you have a 72 or later -6 engine use the top long piece as the stock one will beed triming around the distributor.

Here is a post that has photos of all the factory pieces nos for reference.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=594189

Question 2 Here a possible reason for it being not factory. For a long while that piece was NLA but the other pieces were available.
The other piece in the pic. is OG.
jt914-6
914-6 sheet metal...rear splits in two pieces....of the two in the pic looks like the lower one would fit better...but it is not like the factory piece..... beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Also I think youre installing a 3.2 ?
You will have to cut that repo piece anyway to clear the head temp senor. why cut real stuff ?
mepstein
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 8 2011, 11:23 AM) *

If you have a 72 or later -6 engine use the top long piece as the stock one will beed triming around the distributor.

Here is a post that has photos of all the factory pieces nos for reference.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=594189

Question 2 Here a possible reason for it being not factory. For a long while that piece was NLA but the other pieces were available.
The other piece in the pic. is OG.

What's OG?
type47
914/6 engine sheet metal pix from ebay
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
What does OG stand for?
Original German (Volkswagen collectors' name for original part)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.