Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Galley- Bus Case Issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I decided earlier today to use a bus case for my rebuild. I had it laying around, it is a very nice case. I started to take the oil galley plugs out just like I have several times before on 914 cases. I ran into an issue that I hadn't on previous cases.

On the galley plug behind cylinder #1 near the flywheel side, there is a metal tube that runs from the rear cam bearing to the mechanical fuel pump boss. The tube blocks the galley and makes it so I cannot tap the hole. Since I am not running a mechanical fuel pump, can I just drill through the metal tube so that I can tap the galley hole?
bam914
You will need to remove the bronze bushing and tap it too.
Mark Henry
You can just punch the tube out. You have to tap and plug both sides (pic#2 and 3) of the pump rod hole. Then you must make a block off plate for the pump mount.

You also need a block off (on the other end) for the oil fill tube and you'll have to figure out a dipstick.
Jake Raby
You should have read my article before you started. That plug didn't need to be removed since uts a fuel pump case.

As Mark states, yu'll have to tap both sides of this galley, else you'll have no oil pressure!
tornik550
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 10 2011, 09:37 AM) *

You should have read my article before you started. That plug didn't need to be removed since uts a fuel pump case.

As Mark states, yu'll have to tap both sides of this galley, else you'll have no oil pressure!

I am actually trying to do everything right this time so I actually did read the article. The problem was that I read it prior to doing the plugs on my 914 case. I didn't even pay attention to the part about the bus case because it was irrelevant at the time. Oh well.
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 10 2011, 06:37 AM) *

where is this article located?
Jake Raby
All my articles are on my forums.

Not all bus cases have a fuel pump, just 72-74 carbureted engines..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.