Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 Bulkhead Style Conversion Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
a914guy
I've been asked buy a couple conversion builders to post here to help clarify some confusion on the bulkhead style 914-6 conversion mount.

The mount pictured is what I build and provide to builders, shops and racers.

Click to view attachment

I currently offer the basic two piece kit and a kit with everything needed to install the mount including instructions and pictures. The kits prices are competative with any suppliers product on the market today. Base kits start as low as $200.00. Kits are available for 2.0L engines, up to the 3.6L engine.

For those of you that are seasoned 914ers you probably know this product and others that I make or provide for the 914-6 conversion process. I am quality minded and do a great deal of development to make sure you get good value on the parts you purchase from me.

Another 914 parts supplier builds a similar bulkhead style conversion mount along with a number of other steel based products for the 914. This mount is not a earlier or economy version of my mount, although it's definately a similar product.

Over 1500 of my mounts are in use all over the world in street, race, show and rallye cars. I've had the great pleasure of working on dozens of conversions and have done several myself.

Do your research and find the right product for your project. If I can help with your project, feel free to contact me. Email me at a914guy@aol.com or call (214) 478-9418.

I'm proud to be a 914 driver!

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
I have your mount on my 3.6L conversion and i can vouch for the quality of the product! first.gif

IPB Image
BKLA
Me too!
Click to view attachment

Plus his boxster brake kit!!!

(Hi RJ!)
Richard Casto
Rich,

I think many know of you and your products (such as your bulkhead engine mount). But after reading your info above I think some newbies may miss the fact that...

"a914guy" is Rich Johnson

You have name recognition that you should use, so you might want to mention that somewhere in your info!!

Richard

PS: I am a proud owner of a Rich Johnson bulkhead engine mount. first.gif
a914guy
Thanks for the notes guys and I really appreciate the reply from happy customers. That goes a long way.

For the newbies out there, here's a little bit about me. My involvement with 914s started as a new owner/driver in 1981 when I purchased my '71 914. After a few years that grew into an interest as an autocrosser, tuner-modifier. My passion for 914ing really caught on when I started researching 914-6 conversion options in the early 90s. That effort opened doors to new 914 friends, 914 gurus and shops scattered all over the US and a greater appreciation for the 914s performance potential.

The car I refer to as "Old Yeller" is my '71 914 and it was my first six conversion experience and the project that drove the eventual engine mount production. The product I used back then lacked in "builder friendly" design in a number of important areas. The supplier wasn't interested in my ideas for imporvements and suggested that I build the improved version myself, so I did.

That original mount design is now in revision 4 with improvements that have come from my repeated experiences and from builder feedback. The additional products I provide for 914s and 914-6 conversions are:

Modified 911 oil coolers (90 degree)

Click to view attachment

Accelerator linkage kits for carbs., MFI, CIS or DME

Click to view attachment

GT chassis kits and preformed trailing arm kits

Click to view attachment

Boxster caliper adapters (front 911, rear 914)

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Shift linkage conversions (rear side-shifter rod)

Click to view attachment

Additional 914-6 parts available are OE oil tanks, engine sheetmetal sets, oil lines, headers, clutch components and secondary oil coolers.

I'm an IT guy by profession, 914er by choice and parts supplier becasue I like to build things.....

Just like you wink.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(a914guy @ Jan 18 2011, 05:34 PM) *
Boxster caliper adapters (front 911, rear 914)

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Do you still make those? And if so, what is the current price including shipping to Oakland, CA?

idea.gif
Niklas
Hello!

What parts do you sell?

Can you send to Sweden ?

I need the engine mount for a 911T engine in my 914.
What is the price for your parts?

You can PM me.
Niklas
AZ914
Niklas,
The best way to get in touch with Rich is to send him an email at: a914guy@aol.com

Good luck with your conversion!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.