Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: DWD Rear Boxster Caliper Adapters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Loser_Cruiser
I know they are no longer produced but I was hoping to find just the rear DWD Rear Boxster Caliper adapter. I already have the front set.

Let me know what you got. Thank you. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
Try Clint at Rebel Racing Products (www.rebelracingproducts.com). I think he had some and was looking at making more. Tell him Jonathan Sent you.

jonathan
hwgunner beerchug.gif
Loser_Cruiser
Thanks for the tip, I will see what he says.

Also, still looking if anyone has a set thats collecting dust. smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
You might also try Rich Johnson, a914guy@aol.com
Loser_Cruiser
I did contact Rich already. He was very helpful and I will probably go with his if I can't get a hold of any DWD mounts. Rich said that the pad had to be modified in order for the caliper to work when using his mount and I am under the impression that the DWD does not require this, plus I have the DWD front set. Thanks for all the help so far.
okieflyr
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jan 19 2011, 05:54 PM) *

I did contact Rich already. He was very helpful and I will probably go with his if I can't get a hold of any DWD mounts. Rich said that the pad had to be modified in order for the caliper to work when using his mount and I am under the impression that the DWD does not require this, plus I have the DWD front set. Thanks for all the help so far.

I bought mine from DWD awhile back. If I remember correctly the DWD did not require pad modifcation on the rear when used with the Boxster rotor as he designed it. I had installed a 911 E-brake system and the boxster rotor did not fit over it as it was too small (I may still have the new set of rotors).
I ended up with a big 24mm? 911 rotor and clearancing the pins to allow the fit over the large rotor. I also had to use an add'l spacer to move the adapter and caliper further inboard to center with the rotor.
It is working ok, but i'd like to lighten things up with a smaller rotor and not have to use the spacer.

Clint @ Rebel Racing may be able to set you up as well.
davesprinkle
I've got a set I'll sell. Send me a PM.
BKLA
The DWD set is designed to work with the boxster disc (rotor) and rich johnson's is designed to work with the vented 911 rear rotor. Two completely different setups. Rich's are more substantial with less machining that the DWD setup. No judgement, just observations. The RJ mount would work with the 911 Ebrake setup without mods.
Steve
I'm running the RJ mount and the 911 ebrake assembly. It was really simple to grind down the pads for the 911 rotor. I live in a hilly area and its nice to have an emergency brake. The boxster brakes are awesome on a 914. I have the RJ adapters front and rear. Work great!!
Loser_Cruiser
Thank you everyone, I think Im takin care of now! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.