Full Version: Flared Creamcicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 1 2011, 02:27 PM) *

they came in blue too

Prussian Blue and Perewinkle to be exact! w00t.gif

IPB Image

OK... maybe not but, that oughta bring Slits outta the woodwork.

Eric has matching shoes and bag that he wears when driving this car... sad.gif

Guess I gotta pick up Slits since this thread has grown to 8 pages without a response from him... lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 1 2011, 08:57 AM) *

smile.gif

BTW, This is not a photoshop job. This is a six conversion using a trashed real six that is correct right down to the steering column... Websters car...
db9146
Looking through all of the colors, I think the "frosted" quality of the clearcoat really makes the color rather than a straight, really glossly clearcoat.

The only 17"ers I've been able to find are the Linea Corse Fox wheels. Has anyone tried these on a flared 914?

Great work here, I agree.
utah914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 11 2011, 07:00 PM) *

Looking through all of the colors, I think the "frosted" quality of the clearcoat really makes the color rather than a straight, really glossly clearcoat.

The only 17"ers I've been able to find are the Linea Corse Fox wheels. Has anyone tried these on a flared 914?

The other ones are the Zuffenhaus (Jeff Alton originally) 17 inch fuchs. They are nice, light, and expensive. But beautiful.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DanT
a real one complete biggrin.gif
kfish914
That looks awesome.
It's nice to see the REAL creamcicle preserved to its original glory.
gothspeed
With all due respect ............ the p-shop 'sicles' are far superior to the originals!! I had an original and the problem with owning those, is you are stuck with 'having' to leave them bone stock. One can never modify an original in any way, without 'some' peeps soiling their panties over it .... rolleyes.gif

I am gonna go with one of Utah's p-shop color scheme creations on my 73'!!! It will have blackened sails, A-pillars and blackened trim, fuchs 7 & 8s x16 with 944 turbo offset rears and a web cammed big valve 2056cc ......... I will not miss owning an original creamsicle ......... ever sunglasses.gif

For the record .... I have printed over a dozen of these and added them to my 914 'inspiration' binder ...... biggrin.gif

EDIT: Here is my hand at p-shop ........ I removed the side stripe on the silver one (not very well), blackened the A-pillar on the silver one, removed white letters from tires and removed the top window decal ........... aside from the 17" wheels (am goin 16") ........ I am liking these ........ sunglasses.gif

My great thanks to the real p-shop experts, utah, chuck among others pray.gif ........... I wonder what a red/silver one would look like ........ just like the last blue one on here ... except red smile.gif
gothspeed
Lets start this day off right!!!!!
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 10 2011, 10:33 PM) *

SOOOOooooooo hard to choose headbang.gif

Classic thread status right here aktion035.gif
+914!!! biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 11 2011, 04:00 PM) *

Go Utah, go!

Ohhh... which brings up another question; Red or Blue? biggrin.gif

Sheesh, politics always seems to sneak in. poke.gif I thought Utah was a Salmon state....but maybe that's Washington. laugh.gif

This thread is awesome. It has convinced me more than ever how cool body color bumpers are. I think they make the car look longer, lower and less 'cluttered'.
914werke
Utah can you do a white over black version?
oldschool
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 5 2011, 10:01 PM) *

Inspired by the Blausicle I made up some 15x9's today. shades.gif
they need some comsmetics/paint, The hard parts is done.

My cuz is in love with these wheels,
Click to view attachment
gothspeed
icon_bump.gif this thread needs more variations from utah and chuck ........ biggrin.gif!!!
chuckc
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 11 2011, 09:00 PM) *

These are some 17 knock-off. They're proud of them. you can get them in 17 10's
http://store.airkewld.com/e-shop-online/wh...-wheel-set.html

too rich for my blood, but cool.
utah914
Time to revive this thread. This beautiful Gulf 914 was a perfect canvas for a Flared Grasshopper. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
QUOTE(utah914 @ Aug 17 2011, 10:12 PM) *

Time to revive this thread. This beautiful Gulf 914 was a perfect canvas for a Flared Grasshopper. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

drooley.gif
utah914
and a perfect canvas for a Flared Creamsicle

Click to view attachment
utah914
and of course a Blausicle sunglasses.gif

Click to view attachment
dlestep
QUOTE(utah914 @ Aug 18 2011, 09:30 AM) *

Click to view attachment

...okay, you have totally destroyed my 3 color choices for my car...
Can you display the body in the matte dark green (bottom red baron photo edit)
bumpers in black; rockers in black; black wheel centers; black A-pillars; black
sail panel; black roof.....without porsche lettering or rear stripping...pretty please
gothspeed
Legendary thread status IMO .... beerchug.gif !!!!

I wonder what the tire sizes are on the cars above?? the wheels appear to be 951 8x16 fuchs up front and 930 9x16 fuchs rear ........... idea.gif
Eric_Shea
I need a lifted Rothman's livery for Moab!
Eric_Shea
Oh and... BITE ME Rob! biggrin.gif
gothspeed
icon_bump.gif since there has been some talk about paint schemes in some other threads. I hope this helps someone. smile.gif

color / sheen choices are being finalized in the next few days for my gt replica as well smile.gif
badmiata
These are GREAT!!
boxsterfan
Can you photo-chop an Aubergine-cicle?
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 15 2012, 04:55 PM) *

I need a lifted Rothman's livery for Moab!

Or the IMSA spec Lowenbrau Special biggrin.gif
2mAn
what an amazing thread. I had an idea and I get to get a good idea of what it will look like just by browsing this thread. Thank you!!!
turk22
QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 11 2011, 12:24 AM) *

This color looks like its melted on.

Audi Chocolate number 1

Click to view attachment

Winner!! smilie_pokal.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(turk22 @ Dec 5 2013, 05:41 PM) *

QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 11 2011, 12:24 AM) *

This color looks like its melted on.

Audi Chocolate number 1

Click to view attachment

Winner!! smilie_pokal.gif

Did this on the visualizer. I decided I'm not using this color on the 914, but may on my Model A I'm still debating between 3 other combos for the 914. Hopefully I'll be starting on it sometime next year rolleyes.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(utah914 @ Aug 18 2011, 07:30 AM) *

Click to view attachment

This is nice.
mgp4591
QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 1 2011, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 1 2011, 01:04 PM) *

Looks really good. I wonder if it will change it much to delete the Targa Vinyl. I kinda like it on that one.

here it is wo the vinyl.
peace,
chuck

Click to view attachment

Awesome work! Could you do one like this with a white roof instead of black? I'm making up my mind... aktion035.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(2mAn @ Dec 5 2013, 12:16 PM) *

what an amazing thread. I had an idea and I get to get a good idea of what it will look like just by browsing this thread. Thank you!!!

Im happy to see this thread appreciated again piratenanner.gif

I gotta hand it to the pshop skills on here! beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 11 2011, 09:00 PM) *

Yes - they are Tight on Factory Metal Flares, fine on F/G

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
badmiata
So those are the 17x9 Rota rims ?And they fit (barely) with factor flares from tangerine
carr914
those are Rota 17x9 and Factory Metal Flares from Porsche
Seabird
QUOTE(utah914 @ Aug 18 2011, 05:13 AM) *

and a perfect canvas for a Flared Creamsicle

IPB Image

Click to view attachment

Like a necromancer I am raising this thread from the back pages!

Utah can you re do this one with a ivory roof and sails?

Thanks
kfish914
Has anyone completed one of these color combos?? I would love to see one. If you have please post a picture.
Johny Blackstain
I find this thread to be most intriguing. Amusing to see others having similar thoughts to my own.
creamsicle914.jpg
HalfMoon
Actually I had posted a thread a few eeeks ago that was similar. I was looking for someone that could photoshop my SHeridan bodied v-8 to look like a bumblebee. I was giving that paint scheme some thought....
Anyone game to try photoshopping it for me?
If so I'll take a high res picture tomorrow :-)
Vysoc
Awesome thread!!
Thanks for all the great ideas on color schemes, Signal Orange does not have to be the only 914-6 GT Option.

Vysoc flag.gif
3d914
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Jul 10 2014, 11:47 AM) *

Awesome thread!!
Thanks for all the great ideas on color schemes, Signal Orange does not have to be the only 914-6 GT Option.

Vysoc flag.gif

I agree. Had to throw in my .02$ - even though it's non-sicle.

Here's a combo I did on the configurator - nice tool.
IPB Image
MikeInMunich
Absolutely awesome thread! w00t.gif

Tough choice. We'd say "Qual der Wahl" in German...literally, "the torture of choice", meaning...too many good things to choose from.

Inspiring!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.