Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flared Creamcicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
kfish914
I think this has probably been done before but I can’t find a picture. So here is my thought… I have flares to install, and my 74 was originally white (L 80E) it is currently black with polished Fuchs. I think the old 911 carrera look is cool. I also like the color combo of the creamcicle. So I was wondering what my car would look like if it had a GT front valence, GT flares, Fuchs rims and painted to look like a creamcicle??
Has anyone seen a picture of one, it seems like I have seen a picture of a “grasshopper” that way but can’t find it.
Here is a picture of a car ( not mine) if anyone is good at Photo shop biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
smile.gif

kfish914
Yeah, that's what I was looking for, thanks.
Can any one change it to the orange with solid coloered Fuchs?
Does any one else think this is crazy because my wife sure does??
I know I will have to repaint the fenders once I get the flares installed but otherwise the paint is good, could be great if I buff it out.
chuckc
Here is a very rough photoshop job I did real quick to give you an idea.
peace,
chuck

Click to view attachment
kfish914
That looks cool... maybe it's just me.
I wonder if I could talk my wife into buying another non running 914 to make that so I can keep my blk and polished 914 av-943.gif
chuckc
QUOTE(kfish914 @ Feb 1 2011, 12:30 PM) *

That looks cool... maybe it's just me.
I wonder if I could talk my wife into buying another non running 914 to make that so I can keep my blk and polished 914 av-943.gif

I Personally don't care for the original creamsicle, but with GT flares and 5 lug fuch's I think it's pretty sweet.

Go for it. biggrin.gif
gothspeed
Great idea!!!! I too have always liked the old 2.7 Carreras with that color scheme ........... however that same look on a 914 ........ is simply AWESOME!!!! drooley.gif
underthetire
Looks really good. I wonder if it will change it much to delete the Targa Vinyl. I kinda like it on that one.
chuckc
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 1 2011, 01:04 PM) *

Looks really good. I wonder if it will change it much to delete the Targa Vinyl. I kinda like it on that one.

here it is wo the vinyl.
peace,
chuck

Click to view attachment
gothspeed
QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 1 2011, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 1 2011, 01:04 PM) *

here it is wo the vinyl.
peace,
chuck

Click to view attachment

Dang it looks even better biggrin.gif!!!!! How about a white top too idea.gif ?
ClayPerrine
You need a 3.6 for it. Then it can be a Screamsicle. biggrin.gif
chuckc
[/quote]
Dang it looks even better biggrin.gif!!!!! How about a white top too idea.gif ?
[/quote]

drooley.gif whitetop.
peace,
chuck

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
I like it... (not the white top though) smilie_pokal.gif
7TPorsh
how'bout...black sails, black roof, black mirrors and black A pillars...and I'm sold!
gothspeed
It is soooo freakin beautiful w00t.gif !!!!! This is by far the best looking 914 color scheme I have yet seen smilie_pokal.gif !!!!

This teener has the perfect 'ride height' too .......... simply fabulous!!! biggrin.gif

mepstein
nice
dadaDaveed
Agreed. Really nice combo. White sail, black roof. I'm a sucker for white tire lettering too.

Anybody know what size wheels those are?
utah914
Wow, that's super hot. Glad to see my original photshopped image (silver one) is getting some mileage! biggrin.gif

I was about to try a bumblebee edition of this image last night, but I think I'll try my hand at the creamsicle first. Looks incredible.
gothspeed
As most of you already know, they came in blue too smile.gif
chuckc
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Feb 1 2011, 04:11 PM) *

how'bout...black sails, black roof, black mirrors and black A pillars...and I'm sold!

yea pretty freaking mean looking.
Think those are 17's?
peace
chuck

Click to view attachment
utah914
QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 1 2011, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Feb 1 2011, 04:11 PM) *

yea pretty freaking mean looking.
Think those are 17's?
peace
chuck

Click to view attachment

Yep. The original picture had 15's. I scaled them to 17's. Inspired by the different companies making 17 inch fuchs.
PanelBilly
Was the car originally a creamsickle? If so, please do cut it up and make mine more valuable!
gothspeed
............ and green ............ sorry do not mean to spam the thread with tail draggers ....... unsure.gif

I like the white sails best ............. how about doing the silver one with silver sails icon_bump.gif ?

Those fuchs do look cool!!! They do seem to be bigger than 15s or even 16s ..... popcorn[1].gif

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 1 2011, 02:15 PM) *

Was the car originally a creamsickle? If so, please do cut it up and make mine more valuable!

Nope!! It was just originally white in 'color' wink.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 1 2011, 02:08 PM) *

Wow, that's super hot. Glad to see my original photshopped image (silver one) is getting some mileage! biggrin.gif

I was about to try a bumblebee edition of this image last night, but I think I'll try my hand at the creamsicle first. Looks incredible.

What did you 'photoshop' on the silver one??
chuckc
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 1 2011, 05:08 PM) *

As most of you already know, they came in blue too smile.gif

I was playing with blue earlier. w00t.gif

Click to view attachment
utah914
Here's what it looked like with 15's.

Click to view attachment

Here it is with 17's and center caps.

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
they came in blue too

Prussian Blue and Perewinkle to be exact! w00t.gif

IPB Image

OK... maybe not but, that oughta bring Slits outta the woodwork.
Michael N
I think a flared Subaru powered Creamcicle with a black top and sail panels would make a great project for Nolan's Creamcicle. I like the Fuchs two tone as well. We are still 8 years away from starting.
utah914
Click to view attachment

My favorite so far. 914's are sooo cool.
chuckc
ok, I'm getting carried away. Last one. Strawberry bannana.
biggrin.gif
peace,

Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
barf.gif
utah914
How about a flared grasshopper?

Click to view attachment
gothspeed
QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 1 2011, 02:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I will be going with 16s on my example .......... idea.gif
kfish914
I think I like the white sail panel and the black roof the best. Thanks for photo shopping.
I showed it to my wife and she asked "did you hit the lottery or just your head"
She did think it looked cool but thought I should finish with my car and leave it black and get it on the road before I think about a new project. I did remember that I have had the car completely stripped to bare metal and repainted around 18 years ago. So maybe I should just finish it as is and look for another down the road. After all my wife did say I could start another project when I finish this one...at least that is how I took it and I figure I could get you guys to support me on that.
I am putting in a 2.7 so it won't be a screamcicle but it will move fast enough (for now).
KELTY360
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 1 2011, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 1 2011, 02:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I will be going with 16s on my example .......... idea.gif

I really like the body color bumpers on this car. I'd love to see some of the color combos without the accent color on the bumpers, just the valance and rockers.
gothspeed
QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 1 2011, 04:01 PM) *

How about a flared grasshopper?

Click to view attachment

It looks cool smile.gif!! I am kinda torn on which color rocks the hardest now ...... ohmy.gif

QUOTE(kfish914 @ Feb 1 2011, 04:10 PM) *

I think I like the white sail panel and the black roof the best. Thanks for photo shopping.
I showed it to my wife and she asked "did you hit the lottery or just your head"
She did think it looked cool but thought I should finish with my car and leave it black and get it on the road before I think about a new project. I did remember that I have had the car completely stripped to bare metal and repainted around 18 years ago. So maybe I should just finish it as is and look for another down the road. After all my wife did say I could start another project when I finish this one...at least that is how I took it and I figure I could get you guys to support me on that.
I am putting in a 2.7 so it won't be a screamcicle but it will move fast enough (for now).
Does that mean we can copy this idea ...... w00t.gif ?
scotty b
Guess I have to change my plans dry.gif I've tried to get 2 customers to let me do this and finally decided to do my car this way. PLan 2 might be in effect now headbang.gif
utah914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 1 2011, 06:24 PM) *

I really like the body color bumpers on this car. I'd love to see some of the color combos without the accent color on the bumpers, just the valance and rockers.

Creamsicle with chromes

Click to view attachment
utah914
And with painted bumpers for comparison

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 1 2011, 06:17 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Now try the bumpers the same color as the major body color.
chuckc
QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 1 2011, 09:04 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 1 2011, 06:24 PM) *

Creamsicle with chromes

Click to view attachment

that's just plain fuch'n nice beerchug.gif
utah914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 1 2011, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 1 2011, 06:17 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Now try the bumpers the same color as the major body color.

Maybe chuckc can help you out with that one. I've got to run. If not, I'll try it out a little later. bye1.gif
gothspeed
This thread Rocks!!!! Thanks for the photoshop thus far utah!!! smile.gif
BiG bOgGs
I have wanted to do s similar look for my 76. Kind of a look to to what a 76 creamsicle might have looked like. But I can't figure how to make it look right with the black bumpers. My thought is to have a version where all of the orange is black. Can any of you PS guys show me what it might look like with a 5 lug conversion?
GeorgeRud
These combinations rock! Can't believe how neat they look, and I also like the 70s vintage feel to these.

Can't make up my mind if I like the 15 or 17" Fuchs look better. The 15" ones have a more old school feel.
utah914
Creamsicle with cream bumpers. Nice call. Looks excellent!

Click to view attachment
utah914
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 1 2011, 08:00 PM) *

This thread Rocks!!!! Thanks for the photoshop thus far utah!!! smile.gif

and thanks to chuckc for his chops, especially the clean looking sail panels...

and the strawberry banana mobile... biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(utah914 @ Feb 1 2011, 08:12 PM) *

Creamsicle with cream bumpers. Nice call. Looks excellent!

Click to view attachment

That's hot. Body color bumpers really tie the ends together.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 1 2011, 07:51 PM) *

Guess I have to change my plans dry.gif I've tried to get 2 customers to let me do this and finally decided to do my car this way. PLan 2 might be in effect now headbang.gif

Should have asked me Scotty, I have been considering the flared creamsicle all along to go with my Bee, even considered doing it Bee style to go with my original Bee. Now I am totally confused to what I want. I think at one time I even told you that you could do what ya wanted as long as it was tasteful. confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
It looks pretty interesting with the Big Rubber Bumpers. Here is a 1976 Creamsicle Tribute car that is well done. It is a real car not P-chopped.

QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Feb 1 2011, 07:02 PM) *

I have wanted to do s similar look for my 76. Kind of a look to to what a 76 creamsicle might have looked like. But I can't figure how to make it look right with the black bumpers. My thought is to have a version where all of the orange is black. Can any of you PS guys show me what it might look like with a 5 lug conversion?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.