Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Black22
I have a question regarding wiring my oil temp gauge. My combo gauge has three connectors (+, Ground and G). I found the key-switched power and temp sender wire near the shifter. Those wires tested fine and I extended those wires to the gauge cluster. smile.gif

My question is about the ground wire connection. Should I run a separate ground wire to the common ground location near the fuse box or would it be ok to piggyback the ground on the fuel gauge? confused24.gif I know piggybacking it would ground the gauge but would it affect how either of the gauges read? confused24.gif

Thanks
Mike
detoxcowboy
Piggy Back is fine.. No worries.. I do it. Basically whatever is the cleanest wiring that works. If you get piggy back srazy like maybe then it is cleaner to run a ground and touch them all.. It will not affect your gauge as long as the ground is good.. Gauges and gauge lighting takes such little power you can piggy back that too..
Black22
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Feb 1 2011, 06:39 PM) *

Piggy Back is fine.. No worries.. I do it. Basically whatever is the cleanest wiring that works. If you get piggy back srazy like maybe then it is cleaner to run a ground and touch them all.. It will not affect your gauge as long as the ground is good.. Gauges and gauge lighting takes such little power you can piggy back that too..

Thanks for the reply Detox...and thanks for your help the other day on the sender issue. I picked up a sender, p/n 323-092D, from North Hollywood Speedometer for 20 bucks. They were 25-35 bucks online and everywhere else. I haven't installed it yet (waiting for next oil change), but I got all the wiring done! beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.