Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield washer pump mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I picked up a windshield washer pump from a 914-6. It came with 3 rubber snap in mounts. Are the body holes already drilled or marked? Are the rubber mounts necessary? If they're too dry to oil up and reuse what about a sheet metal screw through rubber washers or can we still get these new? Thanks.
jt914-6
Bill.....the six had a body mount for the pump...You'll need to make your own...I would use a rubber type of mount to keep vibration down...mount pump below bottle....you'll have to also vent the cap so the pump will work....

Click to view attachment
nathansnathan
I've got a 924 windshield washer pump that I'd planned on hooking up.

I see that that above is the diagram from Autoatlanta for 914, I guess the 6? How though would the pump get fed if the hoses going to it come from the TOP of the reservoir, not the bottom? Also, it seems weird that the hose to the squirters has a T leading back to the reservoir. Does the pump move so much volume that that's not a problem?

I had envisioned it more like this, a diagram of the 356 setup, where 1 would be the pump?

IPB Image
jt914-6
The pickup for the six comes out the top, but picks up from the bottom....other is a return...diagram did not come from AA......
nathansnathan
I guess it is just the diagram/ illustration that shows the send/ return out the top of the washer bottle
IPB Image

I'm still fuzzy on how all the fluid pumped wouldn't take the easy path back to the washer bottle off the T instead of up through the squirters.
bandjoey
I'm guessing (haven't hooked it up yet) that water is pulled to the pump and out to the T fitting (possibly a one way fitting?) and then to the windshield. Excess water drains back via the T fitting into the bottle.

Am I close?
nathansnathan
I found this classic thread showing sirAndy's setup. I think he's got it the 356 way that seems to make more sense.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13261

I've looked at the increasingling complicated systems on the later 911's 928's and such on the AA site and they seem to have that same T inline to the nozzles draining to the res, though. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.