Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me tune-up my 1973 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJ914Guy
Car is a 1973 2.0 with a single Weber carb and the James Bond 009 distributor. I know, dual carbs coming soon (not going back to factory FI) and not my favorite distributor. She also has Pertronix electronic ignition.

I am heading to the shop soon to adjust the timing and valves but have plugs (NGK BP6ES/7333), Beru wires and 009 cap/rotor on hand and ready to install.

What is the gap for the plugs?

What are the settings for timing with a single carb setup?

Would you install the plugs now before timing and valves are adjusted? I don't want to foul a brand new set on the drive to the shop. How about pre-installing the other parts before the trip to the mechanic?

Thanks guys!

-Chuck
914itis
QUOTE(NJ914Guy @ Feb 6 2011, 11:22 PM) *

Car is a 1973 2.0 with a single Weber carb and the James Bond 009 distributor. I know, dual carbs coming soon (not going back to factory FI) and not my favorite distributor. She also has Pertronix electronic ignition.

I am heading to the shop soon to adjust the timing and valves but have plugs (NGK BP6ES/7333), Beru wires and 009 cap/rotor on hand and ready to install.

Would you install the plugs now before timing and valves are adjusted? I don't want to foul a brand new set on the drive to the shop. How about pre-installing the other parts before the trip to the mechanic?

Thanks guys!

-Chuck

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...iming_carbs.htm
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(NJ914Guy @ Feb 6 2011, 10:22 PM) *

Thanks guys!

-Chuck

Want to buy a really nice set of dual Webers, Italian ones. 40's. Freshly gone through and were only used very little before being removed. No time on them since going through?
Bleyseng
Set the timing at 27 degrees before TDC at 3500 rpms and you'll be good.
Adjust the valves first since they need to be cold to set them.
Install the plugs and then start it up.

Look around for a good used stock djet dizzy as they work way better than a 009 with its limited advance curve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.