Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new helper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
Found this old tire chief....just needs a little paint.Click to view attachment it work's pretty good. started to wire brush it today ...paint comes next.
jack's are there just to keep it up, I have the hydro.off
Tom_T
Just make sure the lift pads hit the jacking doughnuts or one of the other jacking points, so you don't damage the floor pans when lifting. shades.gif

Jack points from someone's illustration posted before on here:
Click to view attachment

You may have to rig something up to hit those safe lifting points in red on the diagram (ignore yellow arrows from something else).
oldschool
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 9 2011, 01:00 AM) *

Just make sure the lift pads hit the jacking doughnuts or one of the other jacking points, so you don't damage the floor pans when lifting. shades.gif

Jack points from someone's illustration posted before on here:
Click to view attachment

You may have to rig something up to hit those safe lifting points in red on the diagram (ignore yellow arrows from something else).

Thanks yes the left is set-up for all cars
Beach914
I just picked one up also. 6K # capacity. I've got it at my Son in Laws shop in Gardena...no room for it at the house right now.
oldschool
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Feb 9 2011, 09:14 AM) *

I just picked one up also. 6K # capacity. I've got it at my Son in Laws shop in Gardena...no room for it at the house right now.

Right on man aktion035.gif
McMark
Just a little clarification. The front donut is not a suitable jacking point. It's WELL inboard of the long and will bend your floor pans upwards. I beat every floor pan back into place with a sledge hammer. Leave those donuts alone!

The back ones are okay. thumb3d.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 9 2011, 07:53 PM) *

Just a little clarification. The front donut is not a suitable jacking point. It's WELL inboard of the long and will bend your floor pans upwards. I beat every floor pan back into place with a sledge hammer. Leave those donuts alone!

I thought that's the reason for the donuts? confused24.gif
dlkawashima

Do you mean the two donuts marked "g" on the illustration are not suitable jack points?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 9 2011, 10:08 PM) *

I thought that's the reason for the donuts? confused24.gif

In the collision shop those are called check sets. These are the first four fixture locations to see if the center box of the chassis is square and parallel (not twisted)Whether you use a Celette or simple centering gauges these are vital to chassis alignment. You check the center chassis first then work your way out front and rear.
McMark
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Feb 9 2011, 09:20 PM) *

Do you mean the two donuts marked "g" on the illustration are not suitable jack points?

Correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.