Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valve clearance, conflicting info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
I have posted this question before, but wanted to float it out there again. I have rebuilt my 2.0 as a 2056, with Webcam 494, with the rest of the valve train stock (well, new webcam mechanical lifters too). The cam card says to set both intake and exhaust at .006. Elsewhere i see .006 for the intake, .008 for the exhaust.

Whats everyone with a similar set up running?
76-914
what kind of pushrods do you have? confused24.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 12 2011, 12:34 PM) *

what kind of pushrods do you have? confused24.gif

Like I said, everything other than the cam and lifters is stock, so I am running the alloy. I know, I know, i should have custom cut some steel ones, but here i am.
76-914
.006 / .008

EDIT: If I'm wrong then it will make noise but not burn a valve.IIRC The way I understand it is, aluminum and steel expand more and require the .008" setting.
Cap'n Krusty
The .008" figure is ONLY for engines with sodium filled exhaust valves and stock pushrods. If you have them, use it. If you think you might have them, or you don't know, use it. If you KNOW you don't have them, it's OK to use .006", but you can still use .008" if you'd like.

The Cap'n
jeffdon
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 12 2011, 01:14 PM) *

The .008" figure is ONLY for engines with sodium filled exhaust valves and stock pushrods. If you have them, use it. If you think you might have them, or you don't know, use it. If you KNOW you don't have them, it's OK to use .006", but you can still use .008" if you'd like.

The Cap'n

Thanks for all the input. Time to go spend some time on the garage floor.
gothspeed
I am running new SS valves intake and exhaust, lash caps ....... with Aircooled.Net custom length alloy HD push rods. As far as I know .006" for both is what I am goin with until I hear otherwise.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 12 2011, 05:13 PM) *

I am running new SS valves intake and exhaust, lash caps ....... with Aircooled.Net custom length alloy HD push rods. As far as I know .006" for both is what I am goin with until I hear otherwise.

Stock run stock (what the cap'n said), Aircooled .net's AL pushrods I'd run stock but I'd email John and confirm that, Cr-Mo pushrods with adjusters can be set at zero lash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.