Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this secondary hose off the fuel overflow?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
What is this secondary hose off the fuel overflow? I am told it is for a 914/6 but have never seen one before,,, where or what does it attach to and for what purpose?

Click to view attachment
Kirmizi
Does it connect to the expansion tank? confused24.gif
Mike
detoxcowboy
Possibly is what I was think too as the 914/6 years I do not think had all the "regulations" to follow as of those years.. ?? confused24.gif
John
Interesting.

Parts book shows the TEE as part 914.201.163.10 (The English description reads "Connecting Piece, not with tank ventilation (USA)"

To me, looking at the parts, this should be from a non USA car, that came from a car with no carbon filter.
McMark
From the PET...
detoxcowboy
Yep, Thanks Mark, I remeber that pic from the pet.. that is it.. no charcoal recycling fume system..
Cap'n Krusty
The encircled area shows 2 hoses. The large diameter plastic hose goes from the overflow area to the ground via a hole in the bottom of the car beneath the fuel tank. The smaller cloth covered hose goes from the expansion tank to the filler neck area. There is a 3mm tube to which it attaches.

The Cap'n
jaxdream
So basically , the -6's vented to the ground blink.gif ?? Why didn't the -4's ?? USA emissions regs ?? This would be one way to do away with charcoal canister setup .

Jack / Jaxdream
Cap'n Krusty
My bad. I couldn't see the tee in the picture. I've never seen one of those on a car. As for venting to the ground, all 914s have that hose, just not with the tee. Sixers had an evap can and hoses, just like the /4s. More research is called for.

The Cap'n
McMark
The real six here at the shop has that tee on it.
sixerdon
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 12 2011, 08:07 PM) *

From the PET...

This is the correct set up for all non-cali /6's. The other 47 states and RoW did not require a charcoal canister when sold new. I own both types of /6's here, one with a canister (sold in cali) and one without (sold in Mass).
Much has been written on whether or not a canister is needed with a carbed car. It is my belief, they are not. My non canister /6 does not give off fumes even while in the garage after a run and it's a fact that most of the /6's built did not come with a canister. Think about 911's of the era. Same thing.
Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.