Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CA festival of Speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
'73-914kid
I've got to give a big applause to everyone that helped make this weekend possible. It was quite a lot of fun to feel and hear the porsche's screaming on the banked oval..

It was also doing the lunchtime track tour. Hopefully I didn't scare you too much on the first corner coming off the banking Dave rolleyes.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyt0OkLQjzg

Here's a quick video from one of the tame laps. Dave, I think you have one of the best laps on your phone..

All in all, it was a TON of fun getting together with you guys for breakfast, and then heading out to the track.
silver74insocal
agree.gif thanks fer the fun Ethan. scared? you have a roll cage, 5 point belts, and a dry track ,that was just plain fun! i can try and get that vid off my phone by connecting it straight to my computer...its too big to send off the phone.
Steve
Here's a couple of pictures of 914 racecars from the event. The first one is Sean posing with Bob's 3.2, 46mm pmo race car. Bob is on the left!!
Click to view attachment
Steve
Another pic
Click to view attachment
Steve
This one has a 2.7 motor with 40mm webers
Click to view attachment
Steve
This one is a type four with dual carbs.
Click to view attachment
zx-niner
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 10 2011, 08:43 AM) *

Here's a couple of pictures of 914 racecars from the event. The first one is Sean posing with Bob's 3.2, 46mm pmo race car.
Click to view attachment

LOL you took the same pictures I did! Little known fact, Bob's cars were built by Chris Hovey in Modesto who also did the install of my Raby turnkey, AC system, suspension, Amco console with wiring and other fabrication. Bob's 3.2 was at Chris' the same time my car was and I saw it transformed from a clean tub to the wide body /6 it is today in a very short period of time. For such custom fabrication of both our cars in short order it was impressive work.
Steve
Thanks Steve for the additional info. As far as I know these were the only 914 race cars there. There were several street 914's in the parking lot, but I wasn't parked near them to get any pictures of them. Most of the Porsche's there were the newer water cooled Porsches. 986, 996, 997, etc...
silver74insocal
Click to view attachment
heres the teeners in the parking lot....and yes i do believe we were the only ones working on our cars in the parking lot! happy11.gif
Click to view attachment
Ethan removes those pesky baffles to go on the track...

silver74insocal
waiting in line to get on the track tour...
Click to view attachment
heres a shot on the track..
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.