Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CA festival of Speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sean_v8_914
awesome Porsches to see, hear and smell
sean_v8_914
come feel the thunderous roar of 30+ Porsches at full throttle screaming by at well over 100 mph
Steve
Yep those Turbo Diesel's are really fast, but don't get behind one, some of them really smoke and stink!! LOL I was behind that red one at the Laguna Niguel Christmas Parade and I could barely breethe.
Elliot Cannon
I've been going to this for many years. It's not quite as good as it used to be but worth it just the same. If you go, be sure to sign up for the lunch time track tour. You won't be disappointed.
sean_v8_914
lets get a 914 caravan up on that track at lunch.

this is very big Porsche event with fine examples displayed. I have also purchased cool things at dirt cheap prices. I bought a Porsche belt for $5 bucks and a nice 914 1/43 scale model for $10. cool free Porsche posters
sean_v8_914
Admin: could we get this topic to stay on teh first page?
McMark
No, but I'll highlight it for you.
sean_v8_914
and a bump, thank you
SLITS
Pinky Liftin', whine, old cheese and gold chain crowd.

Suitable only for Wasserpumper & Boxster pilots in Gucci shoes.

You gonna attend there Moroni Boy? Periwinkle fits right in with pink Salmon colored shirts and shorts.
yeahmag
I'm in for a lunch track caravan. Which of the days are you thinking?
sean_v8_914
I shall waive my pinky high in honor of the great slits. i will be wearing my Porsche official belt and Porsche cap. they go with my Porsche socks and pinky ring
sean_v8_914
8200 rpm
jim_hoyland
The year we had the big 914 turnout there were some cool 914's, her's a couple of pics:
jim_hoyland
Couple more...
sean_v8_914
this event is impresive
recko911
Is this a family friendly event. I plan on taking my wife and daughter. I have never attended an event such as this.
recko911
QUOTE(recko911 @ Mar 10 2011, 08:19 AM) *

Is this a family friendly event. I plan on taking my wife and daughter. I have never attended an event such as this.

beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
Sean, are you gonna drive up in the 10jereen, or in a daily driver? if you take the 10jereen, I may be able to convince the parents to let me hike on up there in my car...
sean_v8_914
caravan of 914s
Steve
Hopefully my car will be done by then.... poke.gif
sean_v8_914
fast on the track, slow in the shop.
it will be ready for Fontucky. there , I said it in public. now im mud if I lag (any more)
jim_hoyland
Will you be racing ?
sean_v8_914
tech inspector. I dont think the six will be ready yet
McMark
This is next weekend! sunglasses.gif
sean_v8_914
Jim: when did you take that photo? I miss Ziggy
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 16 2011, 07:42 AM) *

The shot was taken at El Toro June 7th, 2007 It was the same year Steve Abrams raced prior to selling his 914

One of my favorite shots, BTW
Steve
My 914 won't be back in one piece by then, but I would still like to go. Which day is everyone going? I still need to put my interior back together before I want to drive it.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 1 2011, 10:32 AM) *

My 914 won't be back in one piece by then, but I would still like to go. Which day is everyone going? I still need to put my interior back together before I want to drive it.

I'm going to pass on this one.
zx-niner
Anything special going on for World subscribers? I'm making this the destination of my annual spring trip. Usually I take the motorcycle and go to the superbike races in Fontana. Since they didn't happen, this year I'll take the 914 and go to the Festival of Speed. I plan to be there Sunday.
socalstuttgart
I'll be there Th, F, S, S all day. I'll be in the red 930 with the numbers 463 if you would like to stop and say hello. Unfortunately I won't be in my 914 but it should still be a fun weekend and I'd love to see some 914 people there.
zx-niner
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Apr 2 2011, 07:12 PM) *

I'll be there Th, F, S, S all day. I'll be in the red 930 with the numbers 463 if you would like to stop and say hello. Unfortunately I won't be in my 914 but it should still be a fun weekend and I'd love to see some 914 people there.

Red 930, #463. Got it. I'll be at the track Sunday. I'm scoping out some good drives Friday and Saturday to get down, then something fun coming home Monday.
socalstuttgart
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Apr 3 2011, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Apr 2 2011, 07:12 PM) *

Red 930, #463. Got it. I'll be at the track Sunday. I'm scoping out some good drives Friday and Saturday to get down, then something fun coming home Monday.

I used to live in Turlock so I know the Central Valley... Great drives in the Sierra and great drives on the coast. You'll have fun either way! Are you driving the 914? I plan on driving both the Tioga Pass and PCH past Big Sur sometime in the near future. Hope to see you in Fontana. beerchug.gif
914-300Hemi
i went to this a couple of years ago and it was a lot of fun. I am thinking of going this year again but the teener is undrivable at the moment, so it will just have to be regular spectator.
'73-914kid
I'm headin up Saturday in the teener..
silver74insocal
im going . finished car or not!! beerchug.gif DAve
phatnine11
Saturday morning sounds good for me. Is anyone interested in grabbing some breakfast before heading to Fontana?
Phatnine11
'73-914kid
That would be awesome Cesar... any idea on a meeting place?
zx-niner
FWIW, I plan to go to the track Sunday morning after a stop at the Guasti Homestyle Cafe in Chino, ETA 0800. I only get down that way once a year and must have breakfast there at least once.

Got some epic drives planned Friday and Saturday, Sunday after watching some races, then Monday coming home. Weather permitting. Some reports are saying snow Friday and Saturday at the higher elevations. Not real wild about putting chains on the Teener but I'll take them with me.
silver74insocal
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Apr 5 2011, 09:15 PM) *

FWIW, I plan to go to the track Sunday morning after a stop at the Guasti Homestyle Cafe in Chino, ETA 0800. I only get down that way once a year and must have breakfast there at least once.

Got some epic drives planned Friday and Saturday, Sunday after watching some races, then Monday coming home. Weather permitting. Some reports are saying snow Friday and Saturday at the higher elevations. Not real wild about putting chains on the Teener but I'll take them with me.

im hoping your not talking about the one right off the 10 fwy cuz i thinks its closed down. sad.gif zekes eatery is damn good and right down the street at 4th and vineyard though

Or, im betting Cesar (phat911) is talking about Brandon's diner which is right up vineyard/carnelian and baseline..good eatin's chowtime.gif im sure you would enjoy chatting with the local teener gang....
SLITS
Try Flo's Airport Cafe at the Chino Airport ... best biscuits & sausage gravy around.

sean_v8_914
I'll be there EARLY sat settign up and tech'ing cars. I think Ill bring the 10jreen if I can find some street tires
sean_v8_914
There is some breaking news – aside from the $20.00 lunch time track tours and the PCNA autocross style test drives of new Porsches with instructors there is also an opportunity for people to get a lap with a Porsche Sport Driving instructor on the track during the Time Trial practice runs on Saturday and Sunday at speed
phatnine11
I forget about Zeke's! Good food and like David said, easy to get to. If anyone is interested, let's meet between 08:00 and 08:15 in the parking lot. Zeke's is located in a shopping center on the north/east corner of Vineyard and 4Th. If you're coming up the I 15, take the 10 west to the vineyard exit. Turn right (north) onto Vineyard, the next light will be 4Th. Go past the intersection and enter the parking lot where the Autozone is. See you guys Saturday morning!
Phatnine11
'73-914kid
What's the adress for this place cesar? Will make my drive a lot easier...
-Ethan
recko911
Is this open to general public.
phatnine11
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Apr 6 2011, 07:30 AM) *

What's the adress for this place cesar? Will make my drive a lot easier...
-Ethan

Here you Ethan : 1855 E 4th St Ontario, CA 91764-2601 (909) 984-2900
See you there!
Cesar
phatnine11
QUOTE(recko911 @ Apr 6 2011, 07:51 AM) *

Recko911,
There is a parking fee of $10.00, at least that what it was last time I was there.
recko911
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Apr 6 2011, 08:30 AM) *

QUOTE(recko911 @ Apr 6 2011, 07:51 AM) *

Recko911,
There is a parking fee of $10.00, at least that what it was last time I was there.

What I am also wondering is if it's good for families
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 6 2011, 05:56 AM) *

Try Flo's Airport Cafe at the Chino Airport ... best biscuits & sausage gravy around.

I've been to Flo's many times. Biscuits and 40 wt gravy. Mmmm! Unless of course you are Vegan, then it's disgusting stuff. av-943.gif
bernbomb914
Flos at the airport is the BEST
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.