Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Things are happenin'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
biggrin.gif All I can say is if you are on the fence, or interested at all that you really need to go. We've had some really nice developments in the last 24 hours. This will be THE914EVENTOFTHEYEAR.

Ferg
agree.gif
May is going to be a long month of waiting...

I've already started packing, BTW how much fat tire should I bring. beerchug.gif

Ferg
VegasRacer
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 29 2004, 07:34 AM)
biggrin.gif All I can say is if you are on the fence, or interested at all that you really need to go. We've had some really nice developments in the last 24 hours. This will be THE914EVENTOFTHEYEAR.

As a member of the planning committee I can honestly tell you this is not B.S. or last minute hype. The plans were good before. Now they are even better (and still improving). If you are not excited - you should be. If there is any way that you can manage to go to the WCC - DO IT! You will only be sorry if you don't.
Korijo
the wife hasnt officially given the ok, thats why i am fence ridin'...

Jeff, registration is on the way ph34r.gif happy11.gif
peridotian
I would sign up if I knew my car was going to be finished. Are you listening B?
Mueller
Patrick,

you have a running car right now !!!!

nobody really cares (besides you, LOL) if you have your 2.0 motor in it at the event......remember how well you guys did at the auto-x???? your new motor is not going to make that much of a difference smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Korijo @ Apr 29 2004, 10:39 AM)
the wife hasnt officially given the ok, thats why i am fence ridin'...

Jeff, registration is on the way ph34r.gif happy11.gif

I can see it now! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
smilie_rolli_1.gif driving-girl.gif
VegasRacer
Hey Dave, After Rich and I trailered our cars a few thousand miles, it's not that much further up to your house. It would be no real trouble for us to stop by and kick your ass and give you a few noogies if you don't show up at the WCC. slap.gif splat.gif chair.gif spank.gif
peridotian
I just put my WCC check in the mail to Jeff. See you all there!
Brad Roberts
What do we need to do to get it running smooth again ??

I'm betting it has a clogged injector or the points are failing.

B
peridotian
Brad,
It quit running after the AX at a gas station in Milpitas. I thought it was vapor lock. I pulled fuel hose and had plenty of fuel pressure. I pulled diz cap and no spark across points. 15 minutes later it started right up. We got almost all the way home with little pee driving and he was doggin it big time going into the wrong gear and lugging the motor and then it started coughing and sputtering and barely made it to the driveway where it died and would not start. The next day it fire right up and is running but somewhat rough with some popping. When I'm on it, it runs fine. If I'm just cruising it pops and feels flat. What thinks you maestro?
Patrick
rick 918-S
QUOTE(peridotian @ Apr 29 2004, 01:48 PM)
Brad,
It quit running after the AX at a gas station in Milpitas. I thought it was vapor lock. I pulled fuel hose and had plenty of fuel pressure. I pulled diz cap and no spark across points. 15 minutes later it started right up. We got almost all the way home with little pee driving and he was doggin it big time going into the wrong gear and lugging the motor and then it started coughing and sputtering and barely made it to the driveway where it died and would not start. The next day it fire right up and is running but somewhat rough with some popping. When I'm on it, it runs fine. If I'm just cruising it pops and feels flat. What thinks you maestro?
Patrick

Sounds like the coil is dying. Overheating. Also agree with Brad about the points ached or condensor failing. Doesn't sound like a major problem. Send in that registration
peridotian
Coil would be cool, even me the undertalented wrench can replace a coil.
seanery
sounds similar to my dirt-in-the-carb problem I had last week. A little tap-tap-tap on my carb and it was fine. Are injectors more/less susceptible (sp?) than carbs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.