Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will these brakes work on my car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwilner
I got these, rebuilt by eric shea, from a member on the site here.

Went to put them on tonight and realized they look a little different than the ones that are on there now. Will they work ok or do I need different ones?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
They look like 911/914-6 front calipers because of the spacer. They will not work if you have stock suspension.
jaxdream
Thse look like M calipers ( 3.0 in bolt spacing )that were used on 69-73 911 , 914-6 , note where the bleeder is on both to make sure you got left and right. They do look nice .

Jack / Jaxdream
DanT
to use those you will need a pair for "magical mythical Billet 4 bolt front hubs"
And then a pair of SC front rotors.
Or you need to change to early 911 front struts/hubs smile.gif (5 lug conversion)
underthetire
QUOTE(DanT @ Feb 16 2011, 07:33 AM) *

to use those you will need a pair for "magical mythical Billet 4 bolt front hubs"
And then a pair of SC front rotors.
Or you need to change to early 911 front struts/hubs smile.gif (5 lug conversion)

Is anyone still making those hubs? I know a guy huh.gif that made the prints for those, and another guy with a full CNC shop sitting without work....But, don't want to step on toes.
jaxdream
Depending on what you paid , you might trade for same condition 914 front calipers or rear for that matter . To use them will take more $$$$.
Good Luck

Jack / Jaxdream
Eric_Shea
M-Calipers for sure.

DanT nailed it. The "ClubHub" would be the only way. There was a guy making them "Mark" something. Nice guy in the LA area I believe.

-or-

I have a set of struts and 5-lug hubs... but then you're on a slippery slope.
toon1
I have a set of struts and 5-lug hubs... but then you're on a slippery slope.

That's how it all starts..... welcome to the 914 world happy11.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Feb 16 2011, 11:14 AM) *

Depending on what you paid , you might trade for same condition 914 front calipers or rear for that matter . To use them will take more $$$$.
Good Luck

Jack / Jaxdream

Jack
I have new rears from Eric. I would definitely be interested in trading for the correct front ones -- no desire to go 5 lug at this time.

Anyone here interested??
DanT
these billet hubs
will work with your calipers... biggrin.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(DanT @ Feb 17 2011, 10:54 AM) *

these billet hubs
will work with your calipers... biggrin.gif

only $367.50!!
DanT
not a bad price for hubs, rotors, seals and bearings.

I ran them on my last car with M calipers. Also ran the stock 914 fronts in the rear (not suggested for the inexperienced in brake biasing biggrin.gif )

Eric_Shea
That is a good price for that set-up complete.
rwilner
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 17 2011, 11:23 AM) *

That is a good price for that set-up complete.

If you can convince my wife of that fact, you will have my eternal respect and admiration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.