Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corvair engine swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
d914
welcome.png flag.gif biggrin.gif
Gearhead1432
GM designed the Corvair engine to rotate "backwards" so it could be mated to the aft side of pre existing transmissions. GM could then use off the shelf transmissions rather than going through the expense of developing new transmissions for the Corvair.
914rat
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 19 2011, 02:45 AM) *

QUOTE(914rat @ Feb 18 2011, 04:43 PM) *

I'm afraid the gene pool on this site is getting pretty stagnant.Shooting down other options without any hands on knowledge dosen't help us learn.I lurk here a lot and don't say much due to the parrots that keep reiterating the same thing over and over.

Were you previosly registered as Alpha or red? Responses like that are not going to help you in the least. I thought most of the replies were good, it's too bad you don't have an open mind to consider them. The way you are going, if you do a project, you might end up with 2 or 3 people helping you out.

Most of the responses were good ! There are always a few that would be better off not saying anything.As far as openminded, that is why I asked this not so popular question, because I am openminded and wanted to know why this wasn't popular.I'm not looking for an argument when I ask a question I'm looking for constructive feedback.Don't worry about me finding help with a build I have 2 that I have done on my own.Part of my problem isn't with this thread but the way SOME members treat newbies and topics not blessed by the sponsors or megaposters on the forum. I figure the ones that do either know who they are or don't care.The ones that don't wouldn't take it personally.I did recieve some PM's that agreed with me.So evidently I am not alone in my thoughts.There is a wealth of knowledge here in the archives and classic threads.There are also a lot of very thoughtful and caring people here I usually give everybody the benefit of doubt.Since we haven't formally met.My name is LaDon I am a 914aholic.1971 1.7 now 1911 in final stages of resto,1974 2.0 now 2056 my resto driver,1973 2.0 east coast rust bucket but complete,early 1973 1.7 roller and 1974 2.0 roller with gt flairs.After 5 years and 200 posts I guess I finally pissed someone off ,well it was bound to happen sooner or later.Back to lurking I guess.
Dr Evil
"After 5 years and 200 posts I guess I finally pissed someone off ,well it was bound to happen sooner or later.Back to lurking I guess."

biggrin.gif

Dont be so abrasive. This tends to offend those who would be offended. Diplomacy is king (even though I have been known to not follow such).
pt_700
i think it's awesome the way this thread has self moderated! while the tone got just a bit rough for a spell, a lot of good information was still brought forth. thanks dr. evil for schoolin' us on the corvair motors. if i hadn't already invested in the pieces for a conversion to sbc, i'd totally consider using that engine.

paul
RJMII
I am thinking that I will start a corvair information thread, this one has too much anger in it. No name calling is ever going to help.

beerchug.gif

Good job on the new thread. smile.gif I'm looking forward to the collective of information it brings. So far so good!
Gint
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.