Have not been able to load pictures,I think I figured it out

Click to view attachment
DanT
very nice... smile.gif
tomh
much hard work
DanT
but evidently, well worth the effort smile.gif

more pics and information on your build is completely acceptable and expected smile.gif
tomh
I quick run down on the car;
started out a 72 1.7 tail shift and was painted a #$%@ blue but there was no rust at all so I went for it.Did lite body work and re painted the proper 72 gold.Found a ga 73 2.0 and side shifter then had HPH install.added all the right running gear and now only have the sway bar to do.
Just installed the riv's this weekend so my blacked out pedrini's are for sale with caps and tires if any one is interested.
More pics to come
dlkawashima
QUOTE(tomh @ Feb 21 2011, 09:50 PM) *

I quick run down on the car;
started out a 72 1.7 tail shift and was painted a #$%@ blue but there was no rust at all so I went for it.Did lite body work and re painted the proper 72 gold.Found a ga 73 2.0 and side shifter then had HPH install.added all the right running gear and now only have the sway bar to do.
Just installed the riv's this weekend so my blacked out pedrini's are for sale with caps and tires if any one is interested.
More pics to come

Yes, great looking car Tom, more pics please. The Pedrinis are originals or clones?
tomh
They are originals with the proper# on them.I like them but the riv's just do it for me
dlkawashima
Don't think I can use the Pedrinis ...... aren't they for the '72 and earlier cars? Might be interested in the caps if you're going to sell them separately (and if they fit 4 bolt Fuchs).
tomh
yes since my car is a 72 they bolt right on and 195's do not rub.I think the value in the rims will have to include the caps however if you buy the billet caps online contact me and I have the porsche logos for them
tomh
here is what the pedrini's look likeClick to view attachment
McMark
Post a picture of the back of the Pedrini's. There are early and late versions. Late will work on early cars, but early will not work on late.
tomh
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 21 2011, 10:34 PM) *

Post a picture of the back of the Pedrini's. There are early and late versions. Late will work on early cars, but early will not work on late.

heres the back
McMark
Those are early, non-centering-ring (non-hubcentric) Pedrinis. Those will not seat correctly on 73+ hubcentric front disks. It looks like there is a small date stamping that reads 11/70 on the machined surface, near the 515 casting.
Dave_Darling
The part number also ends in .00 ; the version that fits 73+ front hubs ends in .01 .

--DD
Root_Werks
Nice 914! Post some more pictures if you have them.
underthetire
Are you the one selling the pedrinis on C/L right now? If so, thats a great price, if I wasn't 5 lug i'd snatch those up. A little lathe op and they will fit late cars fine !
dlkawashima
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 22 2011, 11:48 AM) *

Are you the one selling the pedrinis on C/L right now? If so, thats a great price, if I wasn't 5 lug i'd snatch those up. A little lathe op and they will fit late cars fine !

Anyone have a ballpark figure on how much it would cost to make these rims hubcentric? Just wondering if these would look good on my black trimmed 914, or should I stick with the Fuchs ....

Click to view attachment

McMark
Depends on the machine shop. Finding someone with a lathe capable of working something that large. Call Harvey Weidman (530) 534-7903
dlkawashima
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 22 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Depends on the machine shop. Finding someone with a lathe capable of working something that large. Call Harvey Weidman (530) 534-7903

Thanks for the number Mark. Just called and had a very nice conversation with Harvey. He said he couldn't imagine it being more than $50 per wheel. He also mentioned he restores Fuchs back to original condition, so if anyone is looking to do that, Harvey Weidman would be the one to call.
underthetire
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Feb 22 2011, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 22 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Thanks for the number Mark. Just called and had a very nice conversation with Harvey. He said he couldn't imagine it being more than $50 per wheel. He also mentioned he restores Fuchs back to original condition, so if anyone is looking to do that, Harvey Weidman would be the one to call.

If you go up there, be prepared to shoot the shit. One of the nicest guys you will meet. Hung out with the brothers for Bug-O-Rama last year.
McMark
Harvey is a master... drooley.gif
tomh
I sold the pedrini's last nite,some guy bought them to put on a LE going to Germany.I still will sell the tire's 195/65/ 15's.I went with 185's on the Riv's so they don't rub on the rear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.